Thread: Eprom for Special Ops, Hawk, or Drummer

Eprom for Special Ops, Hawk, or Drummer

Hello fam,
    Looking for an eprom for one of these exhaust systems since they are basically the same I've been told. Or should I stick to the Race eprom and make adjustments as needed?

Contact the Buelltooth dude. From what I understand, he will share tunes if you buy his dongle.

For the special ops muffler, according to the Buelltooth dude, they don't have a tune if your going to leave the exhaust valve working. He told me to lock it in the open position or leave it working with the stock tune. I went with the stock tune and leaving the valve in the working mode.

Eprom? ECU is programmed through software. Buell ECU's don't have a socketed chip that is pulled/flashed with a reader/writer.
    You need a 'map' or 'tune'.
    Ideally tuning it yourself is better as each bike/rider combo is different, with the added benny of doing it yourself.

Sorry, I just saw your response. If I could do it myself I would as I am sure the OP would, but I'm not exactly what you would call computer literate. It would seem that the only custom muffler that they didn't make a readily available tune for is the Spec Ops but I do like the muffler as it retains the use of the exhaust valve.

This is a good plug n' play option for ya NJ. Send in your own for $100 credit

http://idspd.com/xcart/buell-xb12-04...l-ops-ecm.html

Thanks man, do you remember AZ midget, I think that was his handle, he once told me he had a tune for the spec ops muffler but I could never get him after he said that, so I gave up.

AZ Midget was friends with the Opti guy who used to sell the tunes we all do ourselves now. Maybe he thought he could get one from him? Hopefully he chimes in

But honestly NJ, since you said:
    Quote Originally Posted by njloco View Post
    If I could do it myself I would as I am sure the OP would, but I'm not exactly what you would call computer literate.
    IMO, a $200 plug n' play option from a known source is your best bet.