Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flashlights

Flashlights

What is with people obsessing over flashlights? I've had my run of Maglights, those aluminum cans that are designed to make batteries leak. The cheapie lights at the checkout counters at parts stores.

Modding lights, new drivers, leds, yada, yada.... These peeps get into CRI, tints, lumens, don't even forget about reverse clicky buttons, driver firmware upgrades, reflashing the firmware in a flash light, and I have trouble resetting the AFV...

Anyways, Bought 3 lights. One supposedly had a flaw in the finish. Couldn't see it and light works good. I initially was looking for a 3000K light output. Found one, and got it in orange. Also got a another one that that comes with a head band. Headlights are always handy. I'll try to get pics.

So I'm off to see if I can figure out which firmware I have, reflash it and change the modes on my light.
    I like the warmer lights, as they seem to have a higher CRI. Plus with less blue element in the light, the 'glare' goes away. So I have maybe 10 flashlights scattered around....
    I'm so behind the curve on modern flashlights.........I need more then 24hrs in a day.

Off to follow the handheld portable, electromagnetic generator assemblies....

These aren't my pics but the same lights.

Funny^^^^ Same here, I've had ridiculously prices flashlights, and super cheap throwaways. For $22 I got a 10-pack of Chinese single CREE LED metal cased lights the look like yours with a lens you can focus. They are VERY impressive!! Waterproof and dependable, I don't mind giving them away or losing them.

Don't forget anything that mounts to a picatinny rail adds $500 and makes the owner a 'Tactical Operator Badass'.

I do hate the trend of Bright-dim-blinky switching. On and Off is fine and should be a law. I don't need to blind intruders every day.

Inactive
    we use these. box of 500 for $1.39 at Weaver's Hardware store on East Main Street.
    AmishBBC.jpg2016_Fleetwood1a-768x548.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by lunaticfringe View Post
    we use these. box of 500 for $1.39 at Weaver's Hardware store on East Main Street.
    AmishBBC.jpg2016_Fleetwood1a-768x548.jpg

Those are also invaluable for tracing down gas leaks.

"someone" just pointed this out to me. Re-read the original post and imagine Jerry Seinfeld saying it.

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    "someone" just pointed this out to me. Re-read the original post and imagine Jerry Seinfeld saying it.
    lol
    Can anyone do voice overs?

I do stay away from some really cheap ones. Got burned by them when I needed light. So a Little more scratch I can deal with. But not $100 lights.....
    I will say headlamps are very useful, especially in the field. For now, one for the bike, one for me.
    Last edited by rb70383; 10-24-2019 at 07:17 AM.

Headlamps are invaluable for camping or nighttime repairs too! I just saw a version that had a diffused led strip, instead of the 1 million kill-a-watt burn your retinas when I talk to you pencil beam. Thought it was a good idea

Quote Originally Posted by rb70383 View Post
    lol
    Can anyone do voice overs?

I do stay away from some really cheap ones. Got burned by them when I needed light. So a Little more scratch I can deal with. But not $100 lights.....
    I will say headlamps are very useful, especially in the field. For now, one for the bike, one for me.
    I agree. Even though there are a lot of great head lamps/flashlights out there, there are a lot more that aren't worth the price of shipping.

I bought a bunch of the Ryobi 18v stuff, it's nice to have a spotlight and a few other lights along with an impact, drill, inflator, fans,hand vacuum in multiple locations, just chunk a few batteries in the truck and you're ready to camp. I keep another spotlight and other Ryobi stuff in the house, its pretty cheap if you're not buying batteries. I got tired of needing c batteries, d batteries, xenon bulbs, lithium batteries and separate chargers for NiCad crap and never having what I needed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast