Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Battery died. Anyone using Lithium?

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    I've always wanted to try this out.

I saw a video on Youtube a couple of years ago where a guy did this to a Ford Ranger truck. Really interesting.

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by lancruza View Post
    Thanks John for your always valued input. So is the Deka what you recommend?
    always my pleasure Levan....and yes, it is. american made right up the road from me with all american content. DEKA as i've mentioned on here many times now has been for the past 40-some years.....and continues to be....the OEM battery supplier to H-D and Buell, back in the day. here's best price i've ever found. be sure to purchase the ETX14 and NOT the L model. the L has reversed terminals. i have Dekas installed in probably 8 of my own personal bikes...."tender them" overnite 1X a week...and typically get 6-8 years lifespan.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Deka-ETX14-...EAAOSwNHldlKdR

Quote Originally Posted by lunaticfringe View Post
    always my pleasure Levan....and yes, it is. american made right up the road from me with all american content. DEKA as i've mentioned on here many times now has been for the past 40-some years.....and continues to be....the OEM battery supplier to H-D and Buell, back in the day. here's best price i've ever found. be sure to purchase the ETX14 and NOT the L model. the L has reversed terminals. i have Dekas installed in probably 8 of my own personal bikes...."tender them" overnite 1X a week...and typically get 6-8 years lifespan.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Deka-ETX14-...EAAOSwNHldlKdR
    John...you are the man! Thanks for the link. I just ordered one.

+986 for Deka. That's what I have in my XB9 for a couple years. Works great !

I have a lithium, but will be getting a Deka when it dies after lunatic's recommendation. Not sure about the variation between lithium brands, but PO put a Battery tender one in mine and it is light, but doesn't seem that powerful. Sometimes have to bump it over after a week or two of sitting. I just fix it by riding more. Can't remember the claimed CCA offhand, but I remember it was just slightly higher than needed.

https://www.scorpionbattery.com/powe...stx14h-fp.html

Pricey, but this thing cranks the Buell like none before.

I have one of those on my Suzuki B-King, cranks it like it's a scooter but I use a Big Crank on the Buells. Maybe I'll try the Scorpion on one of the Buells just to see.

I got a Big Crank...

Of course not without help from John.

Yes, the XB spins over like I have never heard before.
    I do have a Li battery on order for the EBR. Different animal.

I have had a Battery Tender Lithium in my bike since 2016, no problems.

Got the Deka for the CityX. Now the VFR is dead also. Ordering another Deka for the Interceptor.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12