Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best place for aftermarket parts?

Question Best place for aftermarket parts?

Where is the best place all around to find aftermarket parts for Buell. Revile and JP Cycles seem to be okay, but where is the really cool stuff? I want to customize my new Buell XB9SX and would like to know the best places to shop.

Thanks

Most of the stuff to 'customize' your Buell won't be found with the keyword search "Buell".

Most motorcycle bolt-on baubles are fairly universal. Like mirrors or grips for 7/8" bars, turn signals, anything with 3M trim tape on the back

Buell specific things would be a seat, foot pegs, different plastics... all found on e-bay.

Depends on what you want and how much you want to spend. I buy a lot of my bolt on stuff from pression and hand controls from crg direct

http://www.preeng.com/xcart/home.php

https://www.crg-direct.com/

I like Brandons stuff too!
    But:

"Welcome to Precision Engineering

All products have been discontinued. Contact brandon@preeng.com for inquires about purchasing remaining stock."

That's not a good sign

Getting slim in the US for Buell custom parts, Germany and the Netherlands continue to market a good assortment of goodies, I sure miss American Sportbike,,,,shipping isn't cheap but for custom, slim pickings for new here in the US, Pete

For Jens Kruper (hell of a guy!) in the Netherlands,,, https://www.twinmotorcycles.nl/webshop/index.asp?mc=1

For Speed of Color in Germany https://speed-of-color.de/buell-parts

Current project is an 1125CR front forks, EBR Triple trees, Brembo Master and Mechanical clutch perches, EBR Airbox on my 12R

P1090447.jpg
    Last edited by XBPete; 11-01-2019 at 08:34 PM.

I just bought about $1000 worth of stuff from precision two weeks ago. The only thing they don’t have now is adjustable brake/shift levers in black because I bought them all. But they did the parts for American sport bike unfortunately it’s now double the price unless you buy bulk.

Mainly I'm looking for a tail tidy/fender eliminator and some bar end mirrors. The bar end mirrors will be easy to find, but the tail tidy seems to be the hard one to find.

I hate to say this but you have two of the same opinions. Buy a new rear and cut it
    (the last one I bought I had to buy from Newcastle and it was $125 shipped)
    or cut the one you have. That is what most people do and it’s pretty easy to do. Some people cut a small window for the license plate light and I’ve seen others tha just drill holes to let the light come through. Then just pick up a universal pic plate holder from eBay or cyclegear.
    And you should look into crg folding mirrors they cost a little more but they don’t break that easy or hang up on things.

The dieselmoto is just a stock cut up tail for $50 more then doing it yourself. Rizzo made a tail that was fiberglass that had a better shape but they discontinued them back in 2007.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast