Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What happened to all of the shakers and doers on the fourm?

What happened to all of the shakers and doers on the fourm?

I’ve been a member for a minute and lurked a couple of years before that. I took a break for awhile moved to fxr’s to knuckles.. but know I’m full circle, so back to buells. Kinda thought I would see someone working on a new project or some raffle for some Buell related thing.

Or did everyone go underground?

As of right now I’m working on two projects. My personal Buell #3 and my old Buell brothers Buell from Hawaii.
    F1D70FCD-B065-4C8C-A165-B30B4D5CEBE5.jpg
    53F5BD26-E78F-425C-A454-D7165EFFD7CC.jpg

He was hit in the city 2 years ago, and I was hit in the hills last year. So I’m doing complete cleanups on both. So his will be completely blacked out and mine will be black with the hammer tone motor. I should have both done in two weeks when most of the parts come from the powdercoater.

Theres a few new guys asking about levers and mirrors haha , but no current custom projects that I know of?
    EricZ moved on with his RAD turbo XB, Sext9 has done about as much as he can to my favorite bike ever, Nicholas900 sold his amazing café... I'll be swapping the EBR's frame next month but thats boring

Post progress of what you're doing Squid! Maybe you'll inspire someone

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Theres a few new guys asking about levers and mirrors haha , but no current custom projects that I know of?
    EricZ moved on with his RAD turbo XB, Sext9 has done about as much as he can to my favorite bike ever, Nicholas900 sold his amazing café... I'll be swapping the EBR's frame next month but thats boring

Post progress of what you're doing Squid! Maybe you'll inspire someone
    Will you be swapping to a RX frame ? or the SX ? The frame of an RX has tabs to mount the left and right fairings. The Sx frame doesn't
    Last edited by Silverrider; 11-02-2019 at 01:26 PM.

I'm still here, just don't build as much as I used to. No real custom projects in quite a while, just repairing crash damages and a frame swap on a bike I bought 2 years ago but still haven't rode yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverrider View Post
    Will you be swapping to a RX frame ? or the SX ? The frame of an RX has tabs to mount the left and right fairings. The Sx frame doesn't
    True, but I need whatever I can get and register for a reasonable cost. The Hotbodies RX fairings I use are pretty solid, NOT as nice as OEM by a long shot, but reasonable mount without those tabs.

The biggest issue is correctly titling registering it in CA I have 3 definite, solid, convincing, answers from the CHP that are totally different from each other

Hey Squid, you're in the SF Bay Area?
    I was lucky enough to inherit Nick's cafe racer. It was so special, I had to take it to the CHP as well, to prove it wasn't cobbled together from stolen pieces.

Currently in the middle of a partout.

All the old regulars left the forum, some still lurk here. Quite a few went to facspace, it is mainly new Buellers that ask questions that have been answered 10000000 times. It is a fun place to troll.

Quote Originally Posted by oh9bolt View Post
    Currently in the middle of a partout.

I will go for the rear MC and the pulley cover and high $ grips. dibs.

I kinda figured people would be all over Buells right now because they are so cheap.

I myself kinda got out of Buells myself. Just cause there is no money in them. I still have my two personal Buells that I will keep until they die.
    I only have one left in storage and I doubt that I’m going to work on it anytime soon.
    9F9429D7-256C-4AD7-9174-AFF431D8F9D5.jpg
    Kinda figured it will bottom out then go up like k models then I will dust it off and sell it

But as of right now I have my 5 projects I want to finish by the end of the year.
    1) clean ups of the two Buells
    2) weld the tank tabs back on my big wheel chopper and do some more head work.
    3) finish my 37 Harley bobber
    4) finish my 48 Pan
    5) finish my 51 Pan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast