Thread: Xb12 pistons

Xb12 pistons

I've searched and can't really find what I'd like to know.. does anyone know a wiseco piston number for our bikes? Mine has 40,000 miles on it an I have to take the top end down to fix the seeping head and base gaskets and would like to hone and refresh the top end while I'm in there. Thanks for any info on this.

You are only replacing the rings correct ?
    Give Lunaticfringe a PM, if he doesn't know, I'm sure he could find out, he might even have whatever your looking for in stock and he gives members here a discount, good guy to deal with.

VT1738 Wiseco 12:1 piston kit with gaskets for XB12R
    K1738 Wiseco 12:1 piston kit without gaskets for XB12R, .010 over
    K1737 Wiseco 12:1 piston kit without gaskets for XB12R, Std bore (Discontinued)
    4832P1 Wiseco 12:1 piston, single, with rings and pin
    W6392 Wiseco top-end gasket kit

Cripes 12:1 compression could I even run that without meth injection? I've been playing with the idea of higher compression and meth injection to prevent detonation.. prob be a pretty snappy machine after

Quote Originally Posted by njloco View Post
    You are only replacing the rings correct ?
    Give Lunaticfringe a PM, if he doesn't know, I'm sure he could find out, he might even have whatever your looking for in stock and he gives members here a discount, good guy to deal with.
    No I'd like lighter forged pistons not just a re-ring

Quote Originally Posted by XB12Steve View Post
    I've searched and can't really find what I'd like to know.. does anyone know a wiseco piston number for our bikes? Mine has 40,000 miles on it an I have to take the top end down to fix the seeping head and base gaskets and would like to hone and refresh the top end while I'm in there. Thanks for any info on this.
    If you're not in love with Wiseco, give Dan at NRHS a call. The 1250 kits have forged pistons (10.5cr) and Dan can help you make this a simple "drop in" installation.

Dan is also into Buells, and not just a Harley guy.

https://www.nrhsperformance.com/
    Last edited by 34nineteen; 11-04-2019 at 04:42 PM.

Buying a kit would definitely be your best bet. Takes all the guess work out and it’s literally a drop in situation. I highly recommend Dan at Nrhs performance. I just text him and he said he uses CP pistons.

Does anyone have this kit installed and report the results?

Yep. What would you like me to report

Quote Originally Posted by jd.hd.buelly.crzy View Post
    Does anyone have this kit installed and report the results?
    I have an NRHS 1250 kit with cams in my Sportster. Runs great, and Dan helped a bunch by checking/adjusting ring gap and pre-installing the pistons in the jugs. Bike runs a LOT stronger than stock, doesnt run hot, and very streetable. I'd definitely call Dan at NRHS again.