Thread: Lil bit of gopro footage

Lil bit of gopro footage

I shot this footage in January of this year. A piece of road I like to ride when I need to clear my head. I have to concentrate only on my riding and by the time I get home I have forgotten what was bugging me, its all about the ride. Riding the XB9r, not to hard, but hard enough to require empty undies before hand....just in case. 7:20 minutes in is when the throttle gets twisted a bit harder. 9:20ish is when I clenched a little... Enjoy
    https://youtu.be/GzKkhEyEsog

lol. That road does look like fun. Always nice for some mechanical therapy.

I would have died multiple times due to the fact that your oncoming traffic was on the wrong side of the road.

Nice road, good video. What exactly happened on the curve where you almost came to a stop ? Though it looked like you were going in a little hot you were able to slow down enough to take the turn, did you get hit with target fixation ? I ask because it has happened to me a couple of times.

Quote Originally Posted by njloco View Post
    Nice road, good video. What exactly happened on the curve where you almost came to a stop ? Though it looked like you were going in a little hot you were able to slow down enough to take the turn, did you get hit with target fixation ? I ask because it has happened to me a couple of times.
    There was an accident on that corner a few days before and the car was still upside down in the gully to the left.....I was attempting to see if I could see it, but only the wheels were visible.

Here is a 15 minute bit of footage I took coming home from a mates place one late afternoon. Bit of sun strike early on as I climb up the hill with the sun in my face......but once the road cuts back towards the top the sun passes over my left side and then behind me. I came up behind 2 cars, one of which pulled over, one of which did not. Security Company vehicle that I think was attempting to out run me, so I gave him a bit of room until I could get past relatively safely.
    This hill has a nasty reputation, but once you travel it a few times the fear factor reduces and a little bit of fun can be had without breaking the law......too much.

https://youtu.be/LUNVfGyKdYs

Looks like a fun ride, nice hill, good weather.

Very pretty ride About where are you in NZ? North island? My Mom, Aunt, and her Mom are all Kiwi's and had a summer place there for awhile.

Nice vids, northwest south island. making me homesick :-)

Quote Originally Posted by KevXB12S View Post
    Nice vids, northwest south island. making me homesick :-)
    Yup, I live in Motueka. Love riding to Takaka to visit mates. The hill is fun whether in a pack or by myself. Last weekend we had close to 40 of us heading over to Collingwood for a spitroast with all the trimings at Tinkys Tavern. It rained most of the time but everyone still enjoyed themselves and said they would be back next year to do it all again. Patriots DFMC Armistice Ride.