Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Jappa in my garage.....

Way to call him out NJ Send him some blue face paint and a Kilt!

I don't have any issue with cops Outlaw. I take all people on a case by case basis.

I am aware my actions have consequences, and I will only do something that I'm willing to pay the debt for. My fault if that debt become suddenly Red and Blue Due. I don't blame the cop or the law.

I do take issue when anyone tries to enforce a law just for the sake of the law. Unable or unwilling to see the intent of the law. If someone can't see that, they shouldn't have any 'authority' to enforce it.

I will quote my cop buddy who is sitting here in front of me and agrees that "any young person who wants to be a cop, is going to be a terrible one. They don't have any reference for what real life is yet and won't be able to handle the added responsibility of the golden credit card unless they are a very, very special person."

Quote Originally Posted by lunaticfringe View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Sir: ramblings like this are best left to facebook and other endless social-media bottomless pits of randomness.
    Huh? An interest was expressed in the build by another member (via PM) and seeing as the laws are different in every country...and it would seem each state in the USA.... I assumed (perhaps incorrectly?) that documenting the process would be of some interest to more than just the member who expressed interest.
    The second and third paragraphs are direct copy and pastes from the Organisation I'm dealing with. I apologize if you think they are 'ramblings'

At no time have I mentioned the Police, which this thread seems to have evolved into, a whinge about police.
    The Police are not interested in mine or anybody else's build here in NZ, its got nothing to do with them, its all about safety and compliance with National Safety regulations, which are set by a government organisation, namely the Land Transport Safety Authority not the police.
    The LVVTA helps people like me who wish to modify a vehicle from factory condition, or build one completely from scratch, thru the process so that the end product is safe to use on public roads with out being a danger to myself or other road users. This is to prevent those who think the can, but really can't, from killing themselves or other road users.
    I ride with several currently serving Police officers and I have no interest in complaining about them on an internet forum, they are well aware I'm more than willing to complain to their faces.

If by me documenting the process I am going thru is to be considered of no interest, or I have posted it in the wrong sub forum, then please feel free to delete it and point me to where it should be posted....I harbor no ill-will, animosity or any other feelings along those lines. As I said, an interest was expressed.

It's all good Nade, this is "General Motorcycle Chat" and it's even your thread! Ramble away.

The police are all fine gentlemen. They only got brought up because (here in Cali at least) they have been given the responsibility of 'examining' vehicles for street-worthiness, and in my experience, they are dis-interested and unqualified to do so.

I wish we had an entity like your LVVTA. We would all benefit from interested enthusiasts doing that job instead. SEMA has tried to do that exact thing and failed so far Hoping for the best though!

Yes the LVVTA started out as a result of the Ministry of Transport.....who were Traffic Cops back then.....attempting to introduce laws around modified vehicles. The LVVTA is made up of people just like you Cooter, and Mike Lowery, and all those others who can, and do mess around in the garage...with guidance from trained professionals such as Mechanics, Engineers and guys with many many years of experience in the Trades. They are a wealth of information. Sadly many think they are there just to make things hard and cost us dollars.

Inactive
    On this most unique and sacred of American holidays.....i say:

Being the son of a decorated WW2 US Army Air Corps pilot who was a real hero....and proud supporter of our incredible law enforcement who protect the homeland and keep us all safe....i say thank you for your service and sacrifices. God bless our Police and Military members.

Det. John R. Lutz, Retired
    Pennsylvania State Police

That's awesome Lunatic! Things could have been VERY different around this blue planet if it wasn't for all of those brave men who deserve our utmost respect. I strongly believe we need to keep vigilant, the enemy has not been vanquished completely.

I like the insight of other countries. Unlike any swinging dick can piece meal something together and drive it here.
    I'm up for techy info. Ramble sir!! If only people in the know would help those that don't when it comes to motorvehicles. Ever sat and really read the drivers test. More questions about what happens with no insurance or how long you have to file a change of address. Not very many questions about actual driving..

Well said LF!! I did not know that about you. you're almost cool!!

No matter what organization, there are always 'those' that tarnish the overall reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    It's all good Nade, this is "General Motorcycle Chat" and it's even your thread! Ramble away.

The police are all fine gentlemen. They only got brought up because (here in Cali at least) they have been given the responsibility of 'examining' vehicles for street-worthiness, and in my experience, they are dis-interested and unqualified to do so.
    California
    Where Straws are illegal, your cars get suffocated from ridiculous emissions, you get taxed out the ass, and have the most corrupt politicians in the country, but Hey, you can spread aids and **** on the streets without worry

I can't wait for that fault line to fail.
    Sorry not sorry

Hey Lunatic, I think I just took the heat off you.
    LOLOLOLOLOL
    Jack-O-Lantern
    2006 Buell XBRS LightningBolt
    http://www.buellxb.com/forum/album.php?albumid=129

…peoples republic of China…er I mean Cali.
    Nicely done Lusiphur.
    Man this thread derailed. Nade, post something up about the bike. Get us back on track!

I have progress.....I just got confirmation tonight from the LVVTA that my designs and ideas are sound. I can forge on ahead and begin to join bits of steel and worry about the certification at the end. I'm rather stoked and so is the Mrs. !!!
    Expect photos/ video this weekend of the diff narrowing and welding

On a side note, my dongle arrived today from the USA....guess what I've just been doing...

Last edited by Nade; 11-12-2019 at 07:08 AM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast