Thread: TPS Reset

TPS Reset

So I was reviewing the fuel maps for my X1. Again more winter projects. I always assumed the bike had a tune. No, it's a stock tune, but the WOT setting was a 1/4 throttle, very odd. It has an old BUECG firmware on the ECM so some of the EEPROM settings in ECMSPY are greyed out. No big deal, I created a new fuell map. I was about to load it when I discovered I can't find the idle adjustment screw to perform a TPS reset. I was looking for the 6" cable that you can turn with an allan key. This bike has a standard idle adjustment screw on the throttle body that looks like the fuel tank needs to be removed to adjust. At the bare minimum, the airbox needed to come off to find it.

I'll order a new idle adjustment cable, assuming HD still has them or find one on flee-bay. I think it's possible to rig up a stand to hold the fuel tank so I can adjust the idle after performing a TPS reset but that seems like a lot of work, especially if I don't get it right on the first try. This is my first time putting a custom fuel map on a Buell, so there may be some trial and error. Yes I will back up the original EEPROM.

Screen Shot 11-11-19 at 11.45 AM.JPG

711663.jpg

OK I was too excited to wait for the idle adjustment cable. I successfully moved the gas tank out of the way to perform a TPS Reset after I uploaded my new fuel map. Now I have to wait 6 months before I can test it :-(