Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to tell seat style

How to tell seat style

I just found out the PO of my bike replaced the suspension with SCG, and now I'm wondering about the seat. Is there a way to tell without finding another one and comparing the feel? Is there a code or something else unique? It killed my butt on a 4 hour round trip, which may never change, but looking for cheaper options before potentially going the select or corbin route.

Theres a part number molded in the bottom and the suffix is the type of seat. You can look it up on Google.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Theres a part number molded in the bottom and the suffix is the type of seat. You can look it up on Google.
    Thanks, will do when I get home! Hopefully can trade a local for a different one if it helps, otherwise I'm pretty sold on the select seat.

They all look a little different. If you can post a pic, we might be able to tell just from that.
    Jack-O-Lantern
    2006 Buell XBRS LightningBolt
    http://www.buellxb.com/forum/album.php?albumid=129

I have a select seat that will fit an XB, but its hashed and needs to be re-covered. Got an upholsterer near you?

It looks like there is a very small dot in the circle next to the low seat number, which would make sense given the PO replaced all suspension w/ SCG. As for the select seat, never looked into upholsterers around here but might be willing to. Was looking more for an even trade with somebody if possible to save cash.

IMG_4581.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by RidetheLightning View Post
    It looks like there is a very small dot in the circle next to the low seat number, which would make sense given the PO replaced all suspension w/ SCG. As for the select seat, never looked into upholsterers around here but might be willing to. Was looking more for an even trade with somebody if possible to save cash.

IMG_4581.jpg
    It looks like the regular and Skyline seats are available still. St Paul has them in stock, and I'm sure the local HD store can get you one. I got my SS seat from Chandler HD... however I think all HD dealers can order Buell parts. They're about $125... which is much cheaper than my Sportster seat.
    Last edited by 34nineteen; 11-14-2019 at 02:30 PM.

On the subject of seats, what is the perforated one? Any better then the stock seat smooth seat?

Also, after seeing the seats on sphd, I noticed the part number indicators on the underside had very clear white markings in the circles. I thought mine was the scg due to the small dot in one of the circles, but it appears the ohers all have that too (perhapds from the molding process). Can anyone tell from my picture which one mine is?

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    the suffix is the type of seat. You can look it up on Google.
    Just type in the whole part number of your seat in Google.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast