Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 09 Buell Blast running issue

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    David Thomas you have had a ton of help here from very smart AND HANDSOME people to solve your simple issue.

fixed it for you

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    I did not know that. I figured since Harley phased those in after the 1st year the carb was put on the Sportsters, it on all of them.

Thanks for the heads up !!!
    No worries, just didn't want him trying to run down that troubleshooting tree. lol

Hey guys, hope everyone had a bountiful Thanksgiving. I just wanted to give an update... Charged up the battery, put in fresh fuel, checked the control ignition module was firing correctly, and still nothing. Starts up, and just chokes out. Jets were clean, and everything was reassembled correctly. Fuel is getting in without issue, there's a spark but she just chokes out over and over. I'm perplexed, and perhaps there's a bigger issue here than the carb.

Quote Originally Posted by david thomas View Post
    Hey guys, hope everyone had a bountiful Thanksgiving. I just wanted to give an update... Charged up the battery, put in fresh fuel, checked the control ignition module was firing correctly, and still nothing. Starts up, and just chokes out. Jets were clean, and everything was reassembled correctly. Fuel is getting in without issue, there's a spark but she just chokes out over and over. I'm perplexed, and perhaps there's a bigger issue here than the carb.
    Get a can of starting fluid and remove the air filter. Start it up, and when it "chokes out" spray some starting fluid into the intake.

If its fuel starvation, the motor should continue to run as you spray the starting fluid. If it dies, pull the spark plug and check to see if it is wet. If so, too much fuel.

*if you try this with carb cleaner, the non-flammable kind will not produce the same result.

Is the intake boot ripped? Have you replaced the intake seal at the flange/head? Is the auto enricher stuck on?

Have you checked the fuel strainer in the tank? or if the petcock is plugged? If its mostly plugged, it could be dribbling gas slowly to the bowl, but engine may be emptying the bowl quicker than the tank can feed it.

How much fuel is in the tank? If it is too low, the "on" circuit may not be able to pull gas. Add more gas, and/or try flipping to reserve.

Last edited by 34nineteen; 12-10-2019 at 10:57 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234