Thread: WTB Lightning 03-09, Florida

WTB Lightning 03-09, Florida

Hey there, new here. Looking to get a Lightning in Florida. Have been browsing Craigslist, Cycletrader, FB Marketplace.

Found this bike; price seems a little high. Is it?

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...1278543137112/

If link doesn't work, here are the basics:

Buell XB12Scg - Red - in great condition - only 8295 miles on it. I've owned it since 2010 and only put 3000 miles on it in 10 years. Brand new fuel injectors. Jardine exhaust.
    I also have Buell saddle bags and tail bag to go with it. $5000 obo

Though it has low milage and comes with bags, it is a bit high in my opinion. He also only put 3000 miles on it in 9 years, I would bet he never changed the tires. It also has a different muffler on it, if he also changed the air filter you'll need a tune to make run really well. If he lowers it $4500 I think it would be more in line as a starting point, as it is going into winter now I wouldn't rush. If it was listed recently, I would wait a little bit and see if he drops his price at all and that's when you can make your move, just keep in mind that although it does have low milage that could be a good or bad point depending on how it was taken care of.

Good luck.

Looking at the pictures the tire have at least been changed two times on the front and three on the rear... that’s just assuming. Stock bike came with Dunlop the front is a diablo and the rear is a corrsa. But low mileage scg are pretty sought after. So the price if you want one, is not bad... Not sure why the injectors needed to be replaced and you know they don’t ride it because that license plate would have been gone if I rode it around the block.

My 2007 stock SS purchased from the original owner with original tires still on it, are Pirelli tires. I can't make out what's on the front but rear appears to be the same tire on my SS. Your right about SCG's getting hard to get. If I wanted it, I would try and make deal !

P.S. I just checked, those are the same tires that are on my SS, they're original.
    Last edited by njloco; 11-22-2019 at 11:47 PM.

Your lucky day?

[QUOTE=Aylib;617126]Hey there, new here. Looking to get a Lightning in Florida.

Hi Aylib,

Old guy selling my motorcycle collection here

I have a 2010 XB12 in blue with only 1,000 miles that I bought new. Suffice to say it's perfect. I'm in West palm Beach. PM me if interested.