Thread: Clutch adjustment? 05 xb12r

Clutch adjustment? 05 xb12r

So I have some concerns on my xb. First thing is when I start it in gear it pulls forward. Second when its off and in gear with clutch pulled I still cant move it. So my clutch isn't engaging all the way correct? I changed the oil so all thats left is in adjustment. How do I correct this?

Yep, adjust the clutch cable. Heres a link to the service manual for the easy procedure. 1/2" and 9/16" wrench is all you need.

https://buellmods.com/#TabbedContent

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by tghosth View Post
    So I have some concerns on my xb. First thing is when I start it in gear it pulls forward. Second when its off and in gear with clutch pulled I still cant move it. So my clutch isn't engaging all the way correct? I changed the oil so all thats left is in adjustment. How do I correct this?
    actually....performing a complete properly done clutch service is a 6 step process consisting of lubing the perch and lever...lubing the cable....adjusting the clutch pack....adjusting the cable....adjusting the primary drive chain.....changing the primary fluid. you're 1/6th of the way there.