Thread: Thanks lunatic...for the recommendation. Merry Christmas to me!

Thanks lunatic...for the recommendation. Merry Christmas to me!

Thanks John for recommending a No Mar tire changer to me a few months back. I've been persistently watching online and a No-Mar Classic classic popped up here locally for $150. I went a picked it up and he had the floor stand and the hitch mount for it also, PLUS a bag full of all kinds of accessories to go with it. WOOHOO! These stealerships around here won't be getting any tire change money from me anymore.

s-l300.jpg

SHHHHHH!

Do NOT tell your friends you have that

haha, thats a great deal! You'll love having that around.

hi Levan: that is a screaming-good deal on the classic model. happy for you! it's a step up from the base model and you'll love once you get it bolted down and do a few practice runs. here's a few tips that will help immensely:
    1-though it probably comes with spray-on tire lube....spend a few bucks and get a tub of paste as per below link. will last you 50 years and much better properties than the spray.
    2-BOLT IT DOWN!! these don't work worth a damn if not bolted to the shop floor. i won't say it's a joke but the hitch attachment method of removal/mounting only for the pros. get yourself either a square or circular piece of 1/4' thick steel...set the NoMar base on it....mark the mounting pad hole pattern on the plate....weld 4 thick threaded studs precisely onto those marks.....then drill 4 holes at outside corners/circumference of your homemade plate....and use that template to mark your shop floor and permanently install 4 threaded concrete lags. that way you can place and remove the NoMar in a few seconds and stow it when not in use. if you want a few pics how i did it let me know.
    3-HOT TIRES! simply put the NoMar will not change cold tires, particularly sportbike/buellXB sizes. old ones will dismount at room temps....new ones will not. place new tires to be mounted either out in sun for 1/2 hour or in front of forced air heater for same then lube heavily. you'll see what i mean when you do your first set.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ru-Glyde-Ti...YAAOSwdU9bq-ai
    Last edited by lunaticfringe; 12-01-2019 at 12:08 PM.

All good advise^^^

And Continental TKC-80's are made of concrete, so take those to an auto shop