Thread: Battery Replacement for 1125cr

Battery Replacement for 1125cr

ANY ideas on how to get the battery in/out of my 1125cr? Crazy small space!! I could not find any videos out there. Can I use a lithium? Any help is welcomed, thanks

Buellmods.com or Buelltooth.com has the service manual available for you to download for free

Yes, you can use Lithium, but don't think they are a magic bullet. A cheap battery is a cheap battery no matter the chemicals involved. A regular Gel type of battery is OE and must have at least 220CCA. The 200CCA ones are junk.

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by butchcr View Post
    ANY ideas on how to get the battery in/out of my 1125cr? Crazy small space!! I could not find any videos out there. Can I use a lithium? Any help is welcomed, thanks
    Can I use a lithium?
    you can but i wouldn't. all 1125 batteries the same as most sportster batteries. ETX14L with the L meaning the terminals are reversed from the XB style battery. here's the battery of choice. none finer!

https://www.ebay.com/p/1311822908?ii...=nc&opts=opick

here ya go. REMOVING fuse box lid makes removal/install much easier.
    Removal and installation of a battery for a 1125CR Buell

1) Remove back seat with key.
    2) Remove 2 screws from front seat
    3) Remove top 3 screws from fairing
    4) Remove lower 2 screws from fairing and pull to the side.
    5) Unstrap battery
    6) Remove + and - terminal screws
    7) Unhook fuse box in front of battery from metal bracket and pull slightly forward
    8) Remove battery
    Last edited by user_deleted; 12-03-2019 at 05:30 AM.

^^^^Listen to Lunatic about batteries...and sometimes Cooter.
    While not a 1125, recently had my battery go out and I followed the advice of the Gurus. You wont go wrong.
    Here's my goofy Thread

Thanks again to all!! I will go with all the info. I get here! Have a great winter!

Quote Originally Posted by butchcr View Post
    Take the rear fairing off. You can squeeze around it if you have patience, but the time spent removing the 6 bolts and pulling the rear fairing is much less than you'll spend fiddle-f*cking around with getting the battery out with it in place.

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    Take the rear fairing off. You can squeeze around it if you have patience, but the time spent removing the 6 bolts and pulling the rear fairing is much less than you'll spend fiddle-f*cking around with getting the battery out with it in place.
    THIS!!!

I care not to speak of the time I wasted trying to squeeze it around the fairing. Remove the fairing, let it dangle against the bike if you don't feel like removing the seat lock and you'll be amazed at the amount of room you have once it's out of the way.

And to go with what was said above...spend decent money on a good AGM battery (if you don't want to go lithium). It will make you not hate your life when it DOESN'T die in 3 months from a cold snap (don't ask me how I know).

Got it out!!! I did take off the fairing. Much thanks for advice again.