Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Exhaust mods

Exhaust mods

Have heard running a straight pipe will burn valves. Curious if anyone has actually seen this happen? Also, Anyone know custom exhaust builders? What I'm working with, 2009 XB12scg.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I would also look into some new tires.
    These bikes do not run well on straight open pipes. Look into one of the popular mufflers for these bikes, get a tune that goes well with it and you'll be all set.

Clean looking ride man Love that red...
    IMHO, Open pipes are LAME Dean Adams (Keda designs) and APH make the loudest mufflers for these that really work well and you'll still need ear plugs

Look up IDSpd.com for a plug n' play ECM (I would HIGHLY recommend that option for you), or Buelltooth.com if you are computer savvy and want to tune it yourself.

OMG those tires are scary! Get tires FIRST, then worry about mods.
    Do you even need a kick stand or does it stay up on it's own? Motosportoutlet.com and Revzilla.com consistently have the best deals on tires that I've found

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickXB View Post
    Have heard running a straight pipe will burn valves. Curious if anyone has actually seen this happen? Also, Anyone know custom exhaust builders? What I'm working with, 2009 XB12scg.
    Have heard running a straight pipe will burn valves.
    Bull****! quite the opposite. keeps valve guides lubricated....seals soft and pliable....carbon off valve heads and stems.

get manly.....get bold and aggressive....get that middle finger up in the air for your mobile home park neighbors....and step up to our new 2020 early-release HellFire "Window Rattlers" with optional factory installed NASA Saturn V protective wrapping system. real exhaust for real men! 10% of all exhaust system sales proceeds go to our local Hells Angels chapter!

Warm regards,
    FabioDriven
    VP of marketing/product development
    HellFire Exhaust Corp., LTD
    Leola, PA. 17540

That company is top shelf. The Hellfire innovations just keep coming.

The Hawk system is almost like straight pipe.
    Its is a original system with every thing taken out so its basically straight pipe right?

Is that a Buell with the hellfire exhaust rolling down the street? Oh, no it's just my phone ringing!

It really boils down to ur budget , To the pipe you want . How much do you want to spend ? Then we can point you in the right direction. Here is a nice one.
    Keda_743.JPG 15056395_1389355484408979_6599292994547163629_n.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by jdaniels View Post
    The Hawk system is almost like straight pipe.
    Its is a original system with every thing taken out so its basically straight pipe right?
    Your Hawk is a muffler because it has baffling. It doesn't matter that you can see through it. Thats pretty typical in an aftermarket muffler.
    A "straight pipe" is a piece of straight... pipe... that has no baffling.
    Open exhaust is when you just pull off the muffler and let your Redneck show.

Hey OP: Look into the Buelltooth.com exhaust. They are all stainless, pretty inexpensive, and the cone version might be loud enough for you

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast