Thread: Buell Ulysses-Code 23 front fuel injector, replaced and still running on one cylinder

Buell Ulysses-Code 23 front fuel injector, replaced and still running on one cylinder

Hello,
    I have a 2008 Buell Ulysses that was running great on a Death Valley ride all weekend. On the way back it started running rough and then the check engine light came on and lost power due to only running on one cylinder. Pulled over and it died. Restarted the bike and the check engine light was on solid and running on one cylinder with raw fuel vaporizing out the exhaust-Ended up getting a uhaul and towing it home. Later I crossed pin 1 & 2 to find out a code 23 for front injector was present-no other code stored. check the leads/connectors and all looked good. Replaced both injectors and spark plugs but the bike still is running on one cylinder and code 23 is present. Anybody have any ideas? Rechecked all the injector wires, connectors in the general area.

And, look at the ECM and see if the connectors are properly connected, and that the ECM itself is okay.

Apparently there is an issue where the seat can press down on the unit and crack it. I'm not sure if the issue applies to the '08 - '10 year models.

I agree with all the above^^^ and look for chaffed wires to the injector including what Pushr0d said

Pulling code 23 doesn't mean "replace the injector", it means the ECM sees a problem with the front injector circuit. Open or grounded wires to the injector will look and act exactly like a bad injector.

Double check to make sure you dont have a failed sparkplug wire (or sparkplug).

Since you stated the raw fuel vaporizing in the exhaust, my guess is that the injectors are working, but one of the plugs isnt firing. The cold pipe is the one that isnt getting fire.