Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cooter rides a Buell

Cool, a Christmas lighted Buelly !

Bubbles wanted to go on a New Years ride to Newcombs on her new Ninja, so....

We layered up and saw some snow!

That airbox is impressive!

It turned out really pretty cool for almost zero effort. Just slightly flashy for my taste, but really 3-D trick looking, even up close! The kids dig it

The bikes were FILTHY after taking the Buells to Santa Barbara, and then the Brutalé and Ninja through the snow.
    She better finish quick... my beers almost empty and it ain't gonna fill itself

All chains lubed (did I mention I like belt drive?), chains adjusted (did I mention I like belt drive?), tire pressures set (dealer "prep" is a joke), and some sticker removal on the Ninja,

All set for Chuckwalla Raceway on the 17th where the EBR makes it's reappearance!
    Hopefully Ol' Highside Cooter doesn't

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    All chains lubed (did I mention I like belt drive?), chains adjusted (did I mention I like belt drive?), tire pressures set (dealer "prep" is a joke), and some sticker removal on the Ninja,

All set for Chuckwalla Raceway on the 17th where the EBR makes it's reappearance!
    Hopefully Ol' Highside Cooter doesn't

Did you wind up replacing the main frame on the EeeeBeeeArrr?

I did not. Even though its inexpensive and shockingly easy to do the work.
    The hardest part is a paper trail that the DMV and CHP agree on, NOT my favorite thing to battle here in Cali.

I'll race it, have fun, and not worry about it. If I ever feel like turning it back into a pristine street bike I'll do it then

Yay! Another successful track day at Chuckwalla with Bubbles But first I had to finish the trailer hitch on the tow car:
    A1574B5C-BB81-4E17-A24A-AC95C55B1BC9.jpg

Just kidding

'Josephine Dirté' is more my style anyway, since the last trip out there (the night before) took 6 stinking hours in rush hour(s) traffic, we decided to not spend the night at the track this time. Packed up on Thursday night, slept in my own bed and left LA at 3am Friday, drove 3.5 hours at 75-80 and successfully got to Chuckwalla in time for tech inspection/registration
    8986E730-9085-4E52-BFD9-8E30F3BF7FDA.jpg

Bubbles has been desperately trying to get miles on her 2020 Ninja 400 before this day, but only managed about 330. Whatever, ya gotta break 'em in like your gonna ride 'em, right?!
    I also had sone minor issues with the EBR you can read about in my "Well...Bye" thread later, but we're old pro's at renting from Eagle Rider, so I wasn't too sad the EBR stayed home (unnecessarily BTW)
    I rented an MT-07 online, but typical for ER they didn't have it when I showed up (4 out of 4 times, guys. Get with the program!) But they DID have a Svartpilen 701. A nice surprise. I knew nothing about them other that I thought they are very pretty
    I was COMPLETELY impressed with this bike.
    We were going CCW today:
    Attachment 12858

If you can leave a stop light on this bike and NOT wheelie with a big chuckle every stinking time, I will give you $100
    Attachment 12859

Ergo's, torque, great transmission, but ****ty tires kept me from playing with my friend on a tracked out R/6.
    Attachment 12860

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast