Thread: XB9r Afterfire and AFV issues

Threaded View

XB9r Afterfire and AFV issues

Hi I'm pretty new to this forum and have been lurking for the better part of a year and I have finally broken down to ask for help. I have a 2003 XB9r that I bought used about a year ago with 25k on it. I bought it cheap knowing it would be a project and that turned out to be true.

As far as the afterfire goes I know I have read that it is pretty common with these vtwins but my bike sounds like an ak47 when Im coasting. I have a Feeling that this has to do with the AFV being so high and its getting way to much fuel but I am not sure

As for fixing the AFV right now it goes between 116-120%. I have not added any mods to the bike, I bought it with a k&n filter and jardine exhaust already installed. The previous owner had also done a breather reroute. I changed the bike from the stock tune to the race map but that did not change my afv problem. I replaced the intake seals after doing a leak test and Im not 100% if they are seated correctly and have purchased a set of james ones to install this week. Hopefully that will fix all my issues but I am looking for some other advice on what my problem could be. Thank you! sorry in advanced also, I am not very technically inclined and I may ask a few dumb questions
    Last edited by BigWhale; 01-11-2020 at 02:14 PM.