Thread: WTB Buell in Ohio

WTB Buell in Ohio

I've been buell-less over a year now and I hate it. I've owned a 04 XB12S, 09 1125CR and a 14 1190RX. By far my most favorite and reliable was the XB and I'd love to grab another one.

So, if you're in Ohio (I'm located in Columbus but willing to drive some) and thinking of selling your XB let me know. I'd consider other Buells as well but mainly looking for an XB12S. Also, not looking to pay EBR 1190RS prices for an XB so please be reasonable.

Thanks!

Hey man, I’ve got an 04 xb12s... with an r front end swap, and all of the s front end parts.. I’m in Columbus and contemplating selling my bike

I like that you still have the S parts. Do you have any pics? What are the miles?

I'll get some pics shortly. I want to say it's right around 23k - 24k miles.

Alright keep me posted on pics and lmk an idea on your asking price.

heya, sorry for the delay. I had surgery this past monday... kinda puts a damper on normal life activities!

So, first thing I want to point out. She's dirty... hah it's been parked in my workshop for months, uncovered (I do have an actual Buell cover around here somewhere...)

So the mileage is 26k (I guess I rode more than I thought!) Here's what I've got:

2004 XB12S with full R front end.
    brand new HID bulbs and ballasts, I just installed them last spring.
    brand new clutch cable.
    Buell select seat
    Buell "rider comfort kit" including right side air scoop
    Emptied out Drummer exhaust (it sounds really nice actually) (exhaust servo is still in place)
    5-0 dro axle sliders
    5-0 dro pulley cover
    5-0 dro case sliders (not installed)
    black primary cover

front forks were serviced (new seals/fluid by a Buell mechanic) about 2000mi ago
    triple tree bearings replaced about 2000mi ago (I figured while the forks are off... why not)
    it's used Royal Purple it's whole life, until this last oil change I used Amsoil.
    tail end 'cheese grater' removed and rear grey parts are painted with black rhino liner
    triple tree also painted black with rhino liner
    I sort of made a custom shifter.. I wanted a larger peg, it's quite nice actually.
    Oil breather "mod" (but the filter could be replaced...)
    Airbox "mod" to breath more (the one where you cut down the massive box on the inside)
    All primary cover seals replaced less than 500mi ago by professional motorcycle mechanic (it doesn't leak a drop of oil )

Additional parts:
    All of the original S front end parts.
    Buell low seat.
    Carbon fiber low seat rear cowl
    Original exhaust
    Original owners manual
    Original gray primary cover
    Buell workshop manual
    Buell tank bag
    Buell cover.
    EMCSpy ECU cable (usb type)

Like I said, it's a bit dirty, and the header wrap really needs redone (or just taken off...), but that's the only negatives I could personally say about it. everyone remarks on how it's awesome looking.

I planned on owning this thing until I can't ride anymore so there's never been any sloppy work done to it, all the mods have been done in a very meticulous and mature fashion. Anything I thought might be above my ability I had done by a professional. All parts (with exception of lighting) are OEM!

I've always treated this bike with the best care and love! This bike has been part of my family, both of my boys and my wife have been passengers, and now all three love to ride (my wife got a vespa for herself after riding on it with me once!) this things has never wheelied or abused. The engine is still insanely strong with full power through the whole tach.

now for some (dirty) pictures, also ignore my messy ass garage/workshop! (note the low seat was sitting on top of the select seat on the bike, it looks like there's a tear or whatever in the photo, but it's the indent from the other seat sitting on top... the indentation popped back up after a few minutes)

Considering the condition and extras, I think 5500 would be a fair asking price
    Last edited by jaimz; 01-31-2020 at 08:17 PM.

Hit me up if you're interested. Located in Muncie, In.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...6645920778619/

Quote Originally Posted by jaimz View Post
    Considering the condition and extras, I think 5500 would be a fair asking price
    I appreciate it but I think we would be too far apart on a price.

Quote Originally Posted by moose09876 View Post
    Hit me up if you're interested. Located in Muncie, In.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...6645920778619/
    Link wasn't working but I was able to see your previous posts about your bike. Not really looking for a uly, thanks tho!

no problem. I hope you find what you're looking for