Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2007 Buell XB12Ss Lightning 1100 original miles

2007 Buell XB12Ss Lightning 1100 original miles

SOLD. SOLD. SOLD

The expanded ergonomics of the Lightning Long XB12Ss make it better suited to taller riders. The wheelbase is stretched two inches, to 54 inches, thanks to an extended swingarm. The seat is taller and wider than that of the XB12S, and the expanded tail section offers more room for a passenger. There’s also a larger under-seat storage compartment

Fork rake is increased from 21 to 23.5 degrees and trail goes from 3.3 inches to 4.7 inches. Larger frame side panels give the Lightning Long a fuel-in-frame capacity of 4.4-gallons. The Lightning Long is powered by the Buell Thunderstorm 1203 V-Twin with Buell InterActive Exhaust. Like all Buell motorcycles, the handling remains quick and responsive.
    The Lightning Long is available in Sunset Orange with Sunset Orange wheels, and Midnight Black with Designer Black wheels, both with a Graphite Gray frame

Buell Lightning XB12Ss highlights

* Buell Thunderstorm 1203 V-Twin engine
    * 103 peak hp @ 6800 rpm (per SAE J607)
    * 84 ft. lbs. peak torque @ 6800 rpm (per SAE J607)
    * Buell InterActive Exhaust
    * DDFI II Electronic Fuel Injection
    * New Pirelli Diablo T tires
    * New designer black powdercoat wheels on Midnight Black model
    * Revised functional airbox cover and redesigned 3D cover graphic
    * Dry Weight: 400 pounds
    * Wheelbase: 54 inches
    * Seat height 30.5 inches
    * Fully adjustable 43mm Showa upside-down fork
    * Fully adjustable Showa rear shock absorber
    * 4.4 gallon fuel capacity
    * Buell ZTL front brake
    * Goodyear Hibrex drive belt with Flexten Plus technology
    * Graphite grey frame, swingarm and passenger peg brackets
    * Magnesium tone cam/clutch cover
    Last edited by SoFlo2008; 02-07-2020 at 11:57 PM.

Sold
    Last edited by SoFlo2008; 02-07-2020 at 11:57 PM.

I've low sided a lightning at 35 miles an hour and it looked exactly like the side of that bike. That did not happen from falling over.

Yea !!! One could clearly see the scrapes were not a drop but a slow low side down

Nice bike but over priced with a Bad frame dent .
    Last edited by Silverrider; 02-03-2020 at 02:32 PM.

Back story:

Guy in Floriduhhh tries to flip a Buell, he tries to hide low-side damage with a new-but-wrong-sized frame puck, that is stupid, lame, and deceitful, so guy makes up a fake story to get more than its worth, forum members call him out for being a lying SOB, guy runs away with pants around ankles.

Hey OP, try again. Take $1500 off the price, be HONEST about what you know about it, and type that in a new ad that isn't a total and obvious lie. Your "Time Machine" is a 13 year old bike that was low-sided, left to rot, bought by you for $1700, got washed and cheap tires and is still dangerously unused and in need of real care. Now you want to retire on flipping one bike.
    Either you are a complete idiot to believe that a mongo-she-woman can throw down a Buell at 30mph story, or you are a complete scumbag for trying to pass it off.

Hey Lunatic! I'll take that 'Vette off your hands for double what you paid!

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Back story:

Guy in Floriduhhh tries to flip a Buell, he tries to hide low-side damage with a new-but-wrong-sized frame puck, that is stupid, lame, and deceitful, so guy makes up a fake story to get more than its worth, forum members call him out for being a lying SOB, guy runs away with pants around ankles.

Hey OP, try again. Take $1500 off the price, be HONEST about what you know about it, and type that in a new ad that isn't a total and obvious lie. Your "Time Machine" is a 13 year old bike that was low-sided, left to rot, bought by you for $1700, got washed and cheap tires and is still dangerously unused and in need of real care. Now you want to retire on flipping one bike.
    Either you are a complete idiot to believe that a mongo-she-woman can throw down a Buell at 30mph story, or you are a complete scumbag for trying to pass it off.

Hey Lunatic! I'll take that 'Vette off your hands for double what you paid!
    Cooter! No way! That frame puck is correct for a SS.

The rest of your description is pretty spot on.
    Last edited by 34nineteen; 02-03-2020 at 04:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lunaticfringe View Post
    2-just bought a mint condition 1963 Corvette split window coupe for $150. widow of original owner listed it in local paper. she thought it was a Corvair so sold it really cheap. couldn't believe it was actually a Corvette when i got to her house.
    I heard it was really a Corvair...

I've never cared much for the 1st gen bodystyle, but this one is saweeet!

Is it just me or is the rear tail light/turn signal housing a different color than the rear sub frame?

Quote Originally Posted by lancruza View Post
    Is it just me or is the rear tail light/turn signal housing a different color than the rear sub frame?
    That is not abnormal. I've seen that on some XB's.

I just looked closer at the pics. That thing has been down on both sides! The left puck is all scuffed up and appears to have a slightly smaller dent in the frame as compared to the other side.

Just be honest when ur selling something, nothing wrong with a beat up buell if the price is right.

I also have a pretty hard time believing the mileage. After all the odo. Is only stored in the cluster. It wouldn't be hard to find a low miles peice on Ebay. Is there any VIN history to back up the claimed mileage?

I may only be 34, but I've heard a BS used vehicle story or two in my day too and this things reeks of BS

Last edited by BuellyBagger; 02-03-2020 at 08:29 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast