Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: XB Frame Pucks...Possible Future Supply...I need your old Frame Pucks to do it

XB Frame Pucks...Possible Future Supply...I need your old Frame Pucks to do it

Hello!
    I am a past Mold Maker and Injection Molded and I am thinking of producing frame pucks for the XB Lightning (I have a 05 XB9SX that is missing them) and make them available for a fair price to the other Buell lovers. As many of you know they have been out of stock since August and it does not appear there is another source for them coming. Twin Motorcycles makes some carbon fiber ones but I think people want ones that look as cost to stock as possible.

My plan is to attempt to collect as many damaged ones as I can get my hands on and hopefully get enough of them that are OK on different places that will allow me to laser scan them to create the necessary CAD files to cut new molds for them. If I was lucky enough to get a unused left or right that would be great as I could scan it am mirror it for the other side.

Here is what I need...If any of you have any old ones (even damaged) It would be so appreciated if you could send them to me (PM me and I will get you my address and I am happy to cover postage etc.).

If you have a unused one or even a pair (hopefully someone has one), I would need to borrow it for about 3 weeks to get it scanned and create the geometry for the molds. The laser scan is non contact and there will be no damage to it at all. I will return it to you just as you sent it to me.

The Firebolt and lighting S, Scg models all fit the same ones I am told..any of these will help.

Thank you in advance for allowing me to keep our Buell's on the road!

Yes please Doug! would love to be able to get a set, please sign me up for a set once you start production

Heck, this makes me want to buy another XB with pucks to pull off and send to you.

Doug, I have a brand new right side xbs puck I’d be willing to part with. I’d be ok with a solid homeboy discount of your finished product. Pm me

If mike doesn’t come through I have a new right buck I will donate.

This sounds like a great idea! I rummage around and see what I can find Hopefully this goes somewhere

I'm assuming the pucks aren't easy to remove on an existing bike? How are they attached? Mine has damage from being low sided on both sides before the pucks were installed. I always thought about removing them and smoothing out the damage under the pucks. But never really looked into how the pucks are attached.
    Last edited by yellowcarbon; 02-05-2020 at 08:01 PM.

They are held on with 3m double sided tape. I’ve removed some before by just man handling it. You could probably take some fishing string to get between the puck and frame and cut through the tape that way.

excellent idea^^^

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast