Thread: Stator compatability

Stator compatability

Don't laugh, this is where I'm at with my custom build. At any rate, planing on changing out all of the wiring and electronics to a sportster CAN bus system. As I was working out the wiring diagram for the conversion, I noticed that my XB12 motor uses a 3 wire Stator. I suppose I could go with 2007 to 2013 sportster electronics that uses J1850VPW bus and a 3 wire stator. However, I'm curious if the bolt patterns for the 3 wire stator is the same as the 2 wire?

oopswhersmybike.jpg

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruphobia View Post
    Don't laugh, this is where I'm at with my custom build. At any rate, planing on changing out all of the wiring and electronics to a sportster CAN bus system. As I was working out the wiring diagram for the conversion, I noticed that my XB12 motor uses a 3 wire Stator. I suppose I could go with 2007 to 2013 sportster electronics that uses J1850VPW bus and a 3 wire stator. However, I'm curious if the bolt patterns for the 3 wire stator is the same as the 2 wire?

oopswhersmybike.jpg
    I'm curious if the bolt patterns for the 3 wire stator is the same as the 2 wire?

YES.
    but interface pre-drilled holes different.

you're welcome.

Last edited by user_deleted; 02-16-2020 at 12:01 PM.