Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2010 XBSs start issue

2010 XBSs start issue

Gday, hoping for an answer to my starting issue...when I turn the key on the relay switch clicks, sometimes it starts, sometimes it behaves like a low battery and just clicks. I had the battery load tested yesterday and it was fine. I’m guessing I have a short somewhere as I’ve fixed all the usual earth problems. Has anyone any experience with this issue and any ideas where I should start my short search please?

Have you tried replacing the starter relay with one of the other ones? Have you checked your grounds to see if you are getting a good connection to the starter?

Yes, sounds like a ground problem, do what he said ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^. Clean all the grounds, even if they look clean, then put an anti corrosive on them that is a good conductor.
    Last edited by njloco; 02-19-2020 at 12:40 AM.

You stated you fixed all the earth problems..... I appreciate the thought but I'm still surrounded by liberals here in MD.

Hey Chop. The electronic battery load tester that most auto parts stores is meant for car batteries with a much higher reserve capacity. That issue, coupled with the Buells need for every electron to be cooperative to start well, means that if your battery is acting like its bad...

That means it's bad.

Buy a GOOD GEL one, with a minimum 220CCA (200 won't cut it). Watch out for reversed terminals, parts store experts see the similar part number and sell the wrong one all the time.

Thank you for your replies. It is appreciated. Turns out it was indeed the battery. I replaced the Yuasa high CCA (220) with a Deka and so far so good. I had the Yuasa loaded tested twice and seemed fine however it wasn’t... thank you Cooter.

No worries mate, glad to help. I've ran across that problem in the past. Happy your back to riding!

Me to Cooter

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
    You stated you fixed all the earth problems..... I appreciate the thought but I'm still surrounded by liberals here in MD.
    Mabey you should move to a Red state if your uncomfortable.

I'm not uncomfortable, just frustrated by the un American decisions these safe haven counties make. But yes moving is an option too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast