Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: XB9R, original development images

XB9R/S, original development images...

Quote Originally Posted by rb70383 View Post
    Awesome again. I'm up for more old skool pix!
    Thank you! I am searching for my external hard drive so I can post some more developmental images. Sorry for the delay and thanks for the message!

VenomS render_1.jpgVenomS render_2.jpgVenomS render_3.jpgVenomX render_1.jpgVenomX render_3.jpg

So, the XB9S was originally going to be called "Venom". This didn't make it into production, as you know, instead "Lightning". Here are some original Graphic Concepts that were under consideration before Marketing changed course.

The firebolt and lightning definitely fit a more common theme as compared to firebolt and venom. Or was there another possible name for the firebolt?

Hey Kona, the 12R was going to be the 'Poison 1200'. So the names would have fit well, but a last minute call to Erik from CC Deville convinced him otherwise.

Just kidding
    Keep the neat trivia coming Dan. It's really fun stuff

Cool nostalgic info.

Not to one up danthehitman, but I did find this website with some interesting XB stuff... what could have been!!

http://johnkeogh.design/project/buell-firebolt/

http://johnkeogh.design/project/buell-lightning/

Hey guys, thanks for the responses. I don't recall Firebolt ever having an alternative name, no. As for the John Keogh link, I know John very well, great guy! John worked on site during the 2D concept phase and then Chris Hisey and I (both Industrial Designers) developed the Clay and 3D Surface models to make it reality. An amazing team of three! We got the XB9S out in record time.

As a designer, it must be so incredibly satisfying to see a product of yours finished and out in the public. Even better if it's a sexy motorcycle!

Cooter, it absolutely is...like having a baby! Motorcycle Design is my favorite because you can ride them when you're done, too! To know people are still enjoying these bikes years later is also very gratifying. I was doing Design Consulting for many years after leaving Buell and it was just a means to make money. Designing boring things like soap dispensers gets old, fast. I'm happy to be working on motorcycles again, now at Harley Davidson. Lot's of great stuff on the way thought I'll always be partial to Buell (Don't tell anyone! haha)

Quote Originally Posted by Danthehitman View Post
    Hey guys, thanks for the responses. I don't recall Firebolt ever having an alternative name, no. As for the John Keogh link, I know John very well, great guy! John worked on site during the 2D concept phase and then Chris Hisey and I (both Industrial Designers) developed the Clay and 3D Surface models to make it reality. An amazing team of three! We got the XB9S out in record time.
    Dan, thanks for doing such a great job on the XB9S. I'm loving my Blue '09!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast