Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: XB Front Rotor, any thoughts on it's condition?

FINALLY, took my recently purchased XB9S for a spin, yesterday. What a great bike! It's been many, many, years since I rode a Buell and I nearly forgot how much fun that low-end torque is...and how nimble a Buell is. I also forgot how aggressive the foot-peg position is as my last few bikes were cruisers (my wife made me do it!) Anyway, so much fun, looking forward to clean roads and another 10 degrees or so.

The only issue, as anticipated, is a LOT of pulsation through the front brake lever. I've never felt that on a motorcycle. The PO claimed he never noticed this and that it was the only motorcycle he's ever owned. I'm thinking maybe it crept up so slowly through the years he owned it that he became numb to it. It's absolutely terrible so this bikes not going anywhere until I do the swap-out. New EBR hardware kit on it's way!

Try scrubbing the rotor thats on the bike vigorously with an abrasive Scotch Brite pad, both sides.

You may want to inspect the "floating" hardware and make sure nothing is gummed up or stuck. I realize you are going to the EBR hardware, but you will probably want to make sure the rotor is not actually bent or warped.

If you find sticking hardware, free it up and the pulsation goes away, the rotor should be OK. However, it that doesn't resolve it, I doubt the EBR hardware will, and you will likely need a new rotor.

Thanks for the tips everyone! I'm looking forward to a good brake feel! I do have a decent, tested, rotor to accompany the hardware kit (if it ever arrives). The kit was shipped from CA to MA... now on the way back West to Milwaukee!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12