Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does the XBS have a tool kit???

Does the XBS have a tool kit???

Hey everyone,

Hope I'm not about to make a big fool of myself, but I'm seeing tool kits online for the XB9S but pretty sure there's no room for on-board storage for it...is there?

I just realize I need an axle tool and thought, "oh, just check the tool-kit". Is there one hiding by chance?? (I just purchased my bike so excuse me if this question is ridiculous!)

Thanks,

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Danthehitman View Post
    Hey everyone,

Hope I'm not about to make a big fool of myself, but I'm seeing tool kits online for the XB9S but pretty sure there's no room for on-board storage for it...is there?

I just realize I need an axle tool and thought, "oh, just check the tool-kit". Is there one hiding by chance?? (I just purchased my bike so excuse me if this question is ridiculous!)

Thanks,

Dan
    If you have it, it is in a blue pack stuffed to the side of the battery.

You can make a axle tool by utilizing the outside hex portion of a spark plug wrench... or do like me an pick up a dedicated tool from a parts shop/online/etc. Like this one:

https://www.amazon.com/Supercrazy-Mo...a-749691081096
    Last edited by 34nineteen; 03-05-2020 at 09:30 PM.

Ooooh, I think I would have spotted that

Thank you for the reply and the pic!

Dan

'03 is going to have a black pouch, and doesn't have as many tools as the one pictured.

Quote Originally Posted by loose1 View Post
    '03 is going to have a black pouch, and doesn't have as many tools as the one pictured.
    Interesting. My 04 came with the blue pouch, so the black one must have be 03 only?

Ah, this must be it. Good call!

Inactive
    and here's your free axle tool, dan. fits all XB's....XR1200's...BMW and everything jap.

wEl.rmvl2.jpg

Ah yes, it is Black, that's why I missed it, total camouflage! Thanks everyone!

I found the reverse spark plug socket trick doesn't work for me. I have probably a dozen specific spark plug sockets from cheap stuff to Snap-on, Mac, Proto, and Matco, with the hex that fits the axle, but the 3/8" square swedge doesn't go trough the socket completely to the other side so the extension won't fit in backwards

I settled on the universal tool 34:19 posted for the tool box and a 9/16" coupling nut for the emergency bag, the hex fits the axle perfectly

It took me forever to figure out what the figure 8 cable was for in the tool bag! lol.

"It took me forever to figure out what the figure 8 cable was for in the tool bag! lol" ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^,
    It's funny, you told me what it was used for and now I forgot !
    Last edited by njloco; 03-07-2020 at 03:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    It took me forever to figure out what the figure 8 cable was for in the tool bag! lol.
    Its for throwing in the trash. Really... for a bike that had as many forward thinking ideas... that was what they came up with?!?!?

Surprised there isnt a butter knife, coat hanger and a roll of masking tape in that tool kit as well. LOL.

On my SS, I was able to find a place on the frame rail where there was an empty boss to attach an upside down hook to. I haven't found on the S frame rail and am leaning towards one of these, sort of Ulysses style. Too bad I cant get it keyed to match the ignition.

https://alexnld.com/product/motorcyc...-2-black-keys/

This may work too.

https://www.wish.com/product/5d26f5b..._wcB&share=web

I think this is the hook I used on my SS, after drilling out the mounting hole.

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/blecka-...ated-40031373/

Last edited by 34nineteen; 03-06-2020 at 03:53 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast