Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ebr-1190-rxsx-cylinder-closed-deck-conversion

ebr-1190-rxsx-cylinder-closed-deck-conversion

https://ebutik.nccr.se/ebr-erik-buel...Lrio0VZ8qA69Xs

Honestly $354 seems pretty reasonable! I wonder if my local engine shop would do that? They build pretty stout race engines...

Moto friends,

The most pathetic thing I have seen in the last few days is the license plate on my EBR--you know, the one in my garage with the 3 failed Master cylinders--(brake front and rear plus the clutch) Oh yeah, the plate--it says expires November 2018!!

I have done a few miles on the Uly since then, like 5000 or so

Opto

I’ve been thinking about doing this over the winter. Any experience removing the frame and cylinder? Tips about valve chain/head are welcome. Can enough tension be removed by adjusting tensioner (F0021.1B6) to get the chain off the cam gear (F0085.1B6) without removing the ignition cover?
    Last edited by c818919taylor; 10-05-2020 at 01:45 AM.

Once the entire airbox has been removed (PITA), support it, and it's really only a matter of removing the upper shock mount bolt, 2 long bolts through the engine, 2 small bolts at the radiators) to remove the frame from the engine.

Remove the tensioner and the cams come out easy. Proper torque sequence for both removal and installation is crucial to not warp or break the upper camshaft mount.

Get the service manual USB, it is PRICELESS for step-by-step instructions and pictures and written by people WELL more qualified than some stranger on a forum ()

How close is the 1125 manual?
    I’m not wearing a skirt

Are you asking whether the service manual for a completely different motorcycle is OK to use to split your EBR in two pieces and completely dismantle and re-assemble the engine...?

Ummm... No?

That is a trick question. No one reads a service manual. At least no one who posts on here.

But knowingly reading the wrong one... is a new level

Im just talking in generals. Is the bike put together the same way? I think we both know the answer.
    Ill be sure to double check the torques levels. Parts ordered.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast