Thread: Ebr 1190 rs

Ebr 1190 rs

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-Buell-...AAAOSwfzJeCKWC

Wonder if it could be registered in Cali since it has less than 7500 mi? As far as I saw (which isn't far) you can't tell from the vin # on an RS like you can on the RX,SX.

Cool bike. Though yes, that was the headache I went through getting Nic's bike sent over from NY.

Looks like unless you're lucky enough to have that new bike have a CA smog compliant sticker, you would have to get it past 7500 miles somehow

This thread is 15 years old, but doesn't look like the rules have changed at all.
    https://www.southbayriders.com/forums/threads/2890/

"Currently, smog inspections are required for all vehicles except diesel powered vehicles, electric, natural gas powered vehicles over 14,000 lbs, hybrids, motorcycles, trailers, or vehicles 1975 and older.
    NOTE: California law prohibits importing and/or registering a new vehicle (one with less than 7,500 miles at the time of purchase) unless it meets or is exempt from California emission standards. If you acquire a 49 state vehicle (vehicle manufactured for all states except California) from another state or country and do not qualify for one of the exemptions, you cannot register your vehicle and must immediately remove it from this state. You may purchase a One-Trip Permit to do so.
    Reference: Health & Safety Code Section 43151(A)
    Last edited by Endopotential; 03-30-2020 at 05:25 AM.

Did it sell? I should have put it on my watch list.

back up. Buy it now for 15K!

Must. Resist. Bad. Decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Must. Resist. Bad. Decisions.
    Don't worry, chalk it up to your quest for good judgement. You know: Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement!

Cooter is bored. That’s why I keep harassing him. This will be a fun purchase, just do it. Worst that happens is that you sell it off and you’re out a little bit of money. You’ll make more money and the cycle will repeat. Welcome to my world.

Cooter just buy a Motus.

That a great quote Dantroop As a Man, I have discovered that I can justify ANYTHING

The RS is the only Buell that holds a high value besides the one-off old stuff. Heck, the buy-it-now price is over 6 grand LESS than the only other one for sale! With 714 miles, what could go wrong?

I'll ride my Motus over to 34:19's house and maybe he'll let me ride it.