Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What parts for tall bars please

hummm...

Capture.jpg

Make your life easier and stick with a pro. With Purpony, its never an "hmmmm". You are always buying quality. Plus Cooter is talking about the master cylinder, not the caliper.

http://www.mcmoto-worx.com/buell-xb-series-parts.html

rear brake.jpg

Which reminds me, he gave me a task to do....
    Last edited by 34nineteen; 04-11-2020 at 09:38 PM.

Ya I was talking master cylinder. You would need a much larger caliper piston to have the same effect. Theres really no substitute for Pur Ponys work. 1000% the best. I have the (Pur Pony) hidden rear caliper bracket with a Brembo P32 on mine and it didn't change the wooden feeling until I swapped masters.

If you are feeling the hidden caliper mod, I have an extra Pur Pony complete set up and brembo caliper I could be convinced to rid of...

Whoa... wait a minute.

Tell me more about how you hide the rear caliper on an 1125???

The hidden caliper kits only work on the XB’s. It’s already hidden on an 1125. And it’s on the “wrong side”, and it’s a Hayes setup, not Nissin. I’ve found the Hayes M/C to get a buildup on the inside and the piston gets sticky. No service parts are available as far as I know, but mine have responded well to a careful disassembly and cleaning.

C815A5DC-1C69-4730-9CE4-FBA520B0B2F9.jpg

Also see those exhaust tips? They shoot exhaust straight into the caliper and can gum it up. You may want to look into some tips to slip over the exhaust outlets to re-direct the flow.
    Last edited by 34nineteen; 04-12-2020 at 08:43 AM.

Oh, my bad, OK, the master not the caliper. Got it. Now need to sort which one bolts up. Thanks.

Ya XB only, thought that was clear? I was just responding to the question, sorry for the confusion

For my penance I found sweet 1125 exhaust turn outs for ya. This is from BadWeb, he just sliced up some pre-made stainless mandrel bends the same way I did the EBR

867838.jpg

And I looked up the original thread. It was AZMidgets genius and research

He used the application from a 2012 Monster 1100 rear master, but wow that 11mm size and mounts cover a LOT of bikes. Best $30 upgrade I've done

https://www.buellxb.com/forum/showth...ht=11mm+master

Those are cool

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123