Thread: x1 or blast headlight on an xb12ss

x1 or blast headlight on an xb12ss

I have some extended downtime this upcoming week, and besides swapping out my xb12ss' subframe for a ulysses, I'm thinking of updating the front end.

I'm looking to swap out my gas mask headlights for a single 7" height, and I was wondering what all I need for it. I found some headlight brackets, and a fly screen on ebay, but I'm curious if it will work, or if I'll need to get something fabricated.

I saw a fellow on reddit who had a 7" headlight on his xb, but he said he had to make some clamps for it, and I really don't have a way to do that right now.

Any suggestions?

You can buy nice billet clamps for the fork legs to hold the headlight (don't get the CHEAP ones!) and you'll need to make small brackets for the dash off the upper triple and to hold a flyscreen if you want to add one.

I'll post pics when Flickr is back up.

The 7" headlight is a good choice, I went 6" and it looked a little small. May I suggest if you're going to go through this trouble to get something better looking than a stock headlight? You're going to want a big housing to hide all that wiring, some of the nice LED lights don't have one.

You could also trade for a Firebolt upper to help hide the key cylinder and you'll need the "R" cylinder to bolt to it.

Ok here's some.

I'm tall so I laid the dash panel back a bit:

Thanks cooter! If you don't mind me asking, where'd you get the clamps from?

I