Thread: Part needed S&S 17-0338

Part needed S&S 17-0338

Well, my air cleaner arrived today, and it appears S&S put the wrong hardware pack in it, as my breather bolts are only 3/8".

Rather than ask, I went on to Google and did not find a reference to the part on the S&S web page, and further searching showed it to be reported to be long since discontinued.

I found one... ok, who has another one? GO!

I may need mike lowerys magic machining skillz.

You mean the breather/mounting bolts that have a hole in them? It is possible to drill them yourself, a drill guide helps a lot.
    Or buy a banjo bolt, the Napa auto near me has them in the hardware section, maybe even Ace hardware?

Or make them from scratch out of magnesium!

I had considered that. I found one, which is good as I needed something to at least model the 2nd one off of.

I mainly just put this out there as a homage to the people who spend more time coming to the forum and typing out their question, rather than just looking it up on google.

But hell, I can’t do that. I went down the rabbit hole and researched what little info there is out there and pretty much realized I’ll probably have fabricate something or just not put a support bracket on one end (that’s what the small bolt actually does).

I was also hoping some devilishly smart and handsome forum member would offer to make me one. I likely can just buy a breather bolt and ask a machine shop to make it for me. But why do that when I can make all of you work for me?!?!!

Your Crown, Sir....

Actually I was able to get a drag specialties breather kit with the horseshoe that I was able to make work.