Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: xb9Rr Flywheel compatible w/ xb9sx?

Well, pics or it didn’t happen!

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Seattle to Mexico city on an XB9? You Sir, get a tip of my cap
    Ha, thanks! The XB has been great until now.

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    Well, pics or it didn’t happen!
    Just some random pics of the trip so far. A lot of these pictures are from baja. https://www.buellxb.com/forum/album.php?albumid=258

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.

How was it with all the cargo over the tank?

Cool, story bro..... and not in a sarcastic way... but I want to be your jimmy the cricket. Don’t fix the bike on the road.. boarders are closed right know, find a shipping company and ship your bike back to the states or sell it down there and buy another bike and continue you road quest.

I did look at your pictures and that rod rattled all around so more then likely your case is toast too. So not only do you need pistons/cylinder, crank, head you will need some case work... and unless your running the Baja and just want to slap it together and limp it it’s to much work to have done unless your in Mexico City then just find a replacement motor for real cheap.

A couple of years ago I was in a similar situation but was only about 1,700 miles from my house and still in the states.. I was going to just do a complete motor swap but the dealer was still 3weeks out and I was not going to stay in a hotel for three weeks with my thumb up my ass so I bought another bike finished out my ride then threw them both in a uhaul and drove back. But that added another $2700 plus the cost of another bike to my trip...

Squid has a good point. Finding a complete motor may be the easiest/cheapest route, but you do you man. Great pics

Awesome trip! Any ideas why the motor let go? Did the fan quit, or 1,000 miles of low octane detonation?

I’m kinda curious... what does the rear head look like?

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.

How was it with all the cargo over the tank?
    The tank bag was fine, it only has clothing in it so not much weight at all. I had tools and rarely used items in the tailbag and important items and electronics in a small backpack. The backpack could rest on the tailbag most of the time, so it didn't really cause much fatigue. I packed as light as possible for this trip.

Quote Originally Posted by squidbuellie View Post
    Cool, story bro..... and not in a sarcastic way... but I want to be your jimmy the cricket. Don’t fix the bike on the road.. boarders are closed right know, find a shipping company and ship your bike back to the states or sell it down there and buy another bike and continue you road quest.

I did look at your pictures and that rod rattled all around so more then likely your case is toast too. So not only do you need pistons/cylinder, crank, head you will need some case work... and unless your running the Baja and just want to slap it together and limp it it’s to much work to have done unless your in Mexico City then just find a replacement motor for real cheap.

A couple of years ago I was in a similar situation but was only about 1,700 miles from my house and still in the states.. I was going to just do a complete motor swap but the dealer was still 3weeks out and I was not going to stay in a hotel for three weeks with my thumb up my ass so I bought another bike finished out my ride then threw them both in a uhaul and drove back. But that added another $2700 plus the cost of another bike to my trip...
    Damn, it really sucks to hear that there is probably more damage than just the flywheel, pistons, and cylinders. I might just have to sell it down here then, because it might not be worth the risk of ruining the new parts or having another mechanical failure. Foreigners can't legally buy or register vehicles in Mexico, so buying another bike here is out of the question. I guess if I want to continue on, I'd have to go back to the states, buy another (non-buell) motorcycle, and ride it back into Mexico. There's honestly no other bike that I'd rather be riding than a Buell, but any problem that requires a mechanic or parts down here means SIGNIFICANT down time.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast