Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lost key dont know key code how do I remove the ignition?

Don't forget the all-thread-bearing-race-removal-press at the same incident, Man! LOL

Just ignore the "right tool for the job guy" above, he's an engineer, so he has unlimited funds for the proper equipment. No need for expensive sockets and you'll still need a sharp chisel for the anti-theft bolts, so pick up a SET for the low, low price of $5.99:
    https://www.harborfreight.com/4-in-s...-pc-68277.html
    Thats THREE things for $5.99 when only ONE t45 torx is almost $5 by itself! I guess you know where the deals are!

(I'm joking OP, get the socket and the chisel....)

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    he's an engineer
    Ha! I’m an engineer, like George Costanza is an architect.

Q: An engineer, an atheist and an cross fitter (or triathlete) walk into a bar. How can you tell who is which?

A: Don’t worry, they’ll tell you.

I sure hope they all left their rescue dogs outside

Don't listen to that humble engineer, he's so smart. I remember when he was working with TPEHAK to 3D print wider XB rims

You should take the ignition to the locksmith n14 and see what they can do about it. I can't recall exactly but the ignition itself is held by Torx screws in the middle of the top triple tree. The lock should be dissembled properly to see if the Torx screws don't lose the tree. Or maybe the problem is catalyzed by a completely different source. We can only guess and presuppose on this thread, but a professional locksmith will fix the issue solutions.

Last edited by Verne Mcerlean; 08-08-2022 at 07:25 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12