Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Finally, riding weather!...and any advice on ECM Droid error?

LMAO, that's hilarious! I can use this as a new excuse with my wife! Thanks, 34nineteen, I'll try getting hold of Cooter.

Dan

I wouldn't say "Lord of ECMDroid", but I allow all my subjects to bow as I pass Oh! and send me your virgins

What do you mean "ECM error", like it disconnects when you choose the "Active Tests" option? Or it seems like it freezes up? Can you describe that part better please?

Re-setting the TPS on occasion is a good idea, but it shouldn't need to be done often and shouldn't change how it runs. If it does, you have an issue there, that you need to find.

These idle rough, but you shouldn't be getting any pops or bangs from the intake or exhaust. Whats your idle speed? 1050 is good, these HATE a low idle. The idle setting procedure must be followed exactly and end with a TPS re-set. Check the manual.

Re-setting the AFV is unnecessary unless you are tuning, or looking for an issue because its WAY out of whack (+/- 15-20). An AFV of 104 is very healthy and shows the tune to be spot on. Yes it will keep changing. It is how the ECM adjusts when it learns what it needs to make the bike run the best it can.

If you keep re-setting the AFV, you are just keeping the ECM from doing its job.

My favorite beer Koozie is a simple drawing of 'Heisenberg'. Just sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by Danthehitman View Post
    Never thought of that, Njloco, I'll have to make sure to keep my distance!

Back to that Buelltooth ECM Droid. I'm with contact with them and hoping they have some ideas. Does anyone on this thread use ECM Droid? I just adjusted my AFV to 100, was 104 previously. I'm wondering if the ECM will automatically try to re-adjust based on riding after I've made this change? My goal was to bring it back to nominal to see if it would improve idle. I'm still feeling it's a bit rough at times.

Thanks everyone, hope you're all dong well. Here's a pic of my wife, her knees weren't in pain quite yet at this point!
    DanAttachment 13152
    Everyone thinks that the AFV needs to stay at 100 for a happy bike. When I got mine i checked it and it was at 113! Lots of power but was not smooth under 2800 rpm. I adjusted to 100 and crept up until it was running good with no popping and smooth all the way through the power band. With all that said, I settled in at 110. It depends on your mods and many other factors. I say start at 100 and find your beasts happy point.

The misconception that the AFV needs to be at, and stay at 100 is completely wrong.

AFV is how the ECM adjusts to current running conditions. If you force it somewhere it doesn't want to be (or lock it in place), you are DE-Tuning your bike.

*Don't confuse that with re-setting the AFV for diagnosing a running issue.

A sudden jump in AFV can also mean an issue. My AFV has been hanging with 5 of 100.

Thats true RB^^^

IMO up to a 10-12% swing either way is still within a 'normal' range and if it runs well, I'd leave it alone.
    If the ECM is trying to add or subtract 20% or more of the whole fuel map, your "current running conditions" that made the ECM adjust, include a problem to be addressed. It's not a new map and it's not just re-setting the AFV.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12