Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally, riding weather!...and any advice on ECM Droid error?

Finally, riding weather!...and any advice on ECM Droid error?

Hey guys,

Been a minute since I checked in, things have gone crazy out there since last time! I'm so happy to say, I got my XB9S back from Milwaukee to my Illinois address where roads suck but at least it's here to ride! Front Rotor EBR hardware kit rocks and made it's maiden 100 mile 100mph+ voyage without any problems other than I froze my hands-off. Wasn't at all prepared, bad gloves. That was a BIG mistake.

Anyway, today I performed my 1st TPS reset and the bike idles much better, what a relief! I think I may need to do another adjustment after it settles-in but it's significantly better. Idle was a bit rough and intermittent misfire, though it's a little hard for me to gauge with a V-twin, being fairy new to this.

Anyway, I'm using ECM Droid which was super easy & intuitive for the TPS reset & adjust but when I go to review other "active tests", such as Front & Rear Coil, Fuel Pump, etc I just get an ECM error. Anyone experience this or have a solution?

Thanks, and hope you're all doing great. I know getting a Buell out on a the road was JUST what the doctor ordered for me

Dan
    Attached Images Attached Images

I would edit your post to include the year 9S that you have, sorry I can't help with your question.

xb9s= 2003

Xb9sX= all the other years

mike lowery - don’t you have a Buelltooth, mr. 2003 XB-S?

That is a nice bike, only thing is how the headlights look. Reminds me just how old these bikes are.

...and I thought only the City Cross was the XB9SX...

Sorry guys, it's a 2003 XB9S. The headlights were actually fogged-up from the morning dew as I had to park it outside that night. They're actually nice & clear.

Though I have been riding, lately I've been doing it less. I really don't relish the thought of breaking some cagers windows or getting into a fight because some cager decides to spit out their window without looking in their rear view mirror, let's not forget just how stupid people can be. Your full face helmet is not going to protect you from the Chinese Corona virus, even if your wearing a bandanna under your helmet.
    Last edited by njloco; 04-08-2020 at 03:40 PM.

Never thought of that, Njloco, I'll have to make sure to keep my distance!

Back to that Buelltooth ECM Droid. I'm with contact with them and hoping they have some ideas. Does anyone on this thread use ECM Droid? I just adjusted my AFV to 100, was 104 previously. I'm wondering if the ECM will automatically try to re-adjust based on riding after I've made this change? My goal was to bring it back to nominal to see if it would improve idle. I'm still feeling it's a bit rough at times.

Thanks everyone, hope you're all dong well. Here's a pic of my wife, her knees weren't in pain quite yet at this point!
    Dan20200407_174718.jpg

Super Cooter is the lord of the ECMDroid. He says he keeps a burner Android phone around with a ECMDroid on it.

or at least thats what he says....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast