Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New owner here, 2006 XB9R with fresh engine

I have noticed that as well. Been tuning my WUE and on the ride to work around 10 miles, the bike isn't fully warmed up. WUE is still at 101% Most of my tweaking is only in that table and the cold performance....
    I live in Az as well and the 'Bolt loves the cold more..

Thanks for the info everyone! I'm sorry for the late reply, I guess thread starters are not automatically subscribed to the thread so I took care of that this morning.

Sticky throttle turned out to be the little plastic bar-end plug. I pulled the cables loose at each end and they moved fine, the throttle valve closed nicely, etc. So I cleaned the inside of the throttle tube, cleaned the bar, put a light coat of PTFE on it and reinstalled and it was still sticking. I popped the plastic plug and it was happy. Now I need to find something to replace it with that won't hang the throttle. Maybe the grips are just too long, they extend about 1/4" past the end of the tube.

While I was at it, I did the breather hose reroute and took a toothbrush and carb cleaner and cleaned the inside of the throttle body best as I could. I set the suspension up according to the book, re-stapled the seat cover that was coming loose, then took it for a ride. It was 38 degrees here so didn't go far lol.

I ordered the Buelltooth XB-XG slipon exhaust yesterday. I added on the bluetooth module and the bracket to keep my chin guard. I also ordered a K&N air filter as well. My air box has the 4 holes on the right side. Is that enough or should I add some more with a hole saw?

--Tony

Looks like you have some fun parts coming

The airbox is functionally fine, IMO. I just convert them to open. I like the look.

Ok, got lots accomplished this week! First, I did the breather bypass and cleaned up the throttle body best I could with an old toothbrush and some carb cleaner. Then I installed the XB-SG Exhaust from BuellTooth, a K&N Air Filter, race tune on the ECM using the BuellTooth adapter, restapled the seat cover that was coming apart, and spent I don't know how much time trying to make my white wheels white again. They were so bad, I ended up using a ScottBrite pad with "Bar Keeper's Friend" to scrub the years of neglect off of them. I need to put a couple coats of wax on them to help protect them. As soon as my tool come in for removing the wheels, I'll get that done.

On my first ride with the tune/exhaust/air filter yesterday, I noticed that the idle didn't drop back as fast as before. Is that normal? It drops to 2k and then slowly drops back to 1,100.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12