Hey guys, new member here! Possibly a new owner in the near future!

With all this pandemic going on I have been thinking a new (to me) bike is the perfect cure for these isolation doldrums.

Im coming to Buell after finding a nice example of an XB12S cg within my budget in my local classifieds. But not really knowing much about them... Other than they are kinda a Harley... Kinda...

Most of my bike experience is in the high revving Japanese bike world. While I'm not looking for a speed or track demon, I am looking for something that is an enjoyable riding experience from point A to B.

After doing a ton of research on Yamaha FZ's and Suzuki Bandits and GSX-S bikes... even looking at Triumph Speed/ Street Triples, I felt like I wasnt getting anywhere. When I stumbled upon the Buell I was actually pretty surprised that every review I found had nothing but good things to say about them!

I understand coming to a Buell Forum might get me some biased opinions, but tell me are these bikes really as bullet proof, fun to ride and as good as the reviews say? What are some things I should look for buying used? Any years to avoid or questions I should ask the seller? It might take some getting used to, hearing Harley noises come out of my sport bike, any other quarks that take getting used to?

Thanks for your time and opinions! If aliens where a motorcycle they would be a Buell... Fuel in the frame, oil in the swing arm... while weird at first these innovations seem really neat.

Specs on the bike Im looking at:
Year: 2006
Model: XB12Scg
ODO: 6200 mi (10k km)
Color: Black body on Amber wheels
Owner claims in ad:
-Meticulously maintained with fresh sevice (fluids, plugs, inspection)
-Mint, showroom like condition
-Completely stock and "unmolested"