Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2009 XB12Ss Rona mods

Wink 2009 XB12Ss Rona mods

I’ve been the only owner of this 2009 XB12Ss. Love it to death but in the last couple of years, my customization and upgrades ended up on the back burner. Some parts I’ve had sitting in the garage for more than ten years. Ever since my kids were born, I didn’t have the free time to ride or wrench on the bike. Now that the world has shut down, I finally have the time to get my hands back on the bike. First I did a full fluid change head to toe. Then I swapped the factory exhaust for a Torque Hammer. I fitted, painted and installed the cooling ducts on both sides of the bike. Much better looking than that single hideous one that comes from the factory. Swapped the gauge background. I also swapped out a buy bunch of red anodized parts to go with the factory red. I only have left the GPR steering stabilizer and some LED headlights. So far she sounds so much better, looks so much better, and on the road it just wants to let’s loose. Puts a huge smile on my face.

Those cooling ducts / air scoops look great. What brand are those, and where did you get them?

But without the protruding "scoop" part, do you think they funnel enough air to the engine? Have you noticed your engine running hotter, or your fan running longer?

Quote Originally Posted by Endopotential View Post
    Those cooling ducts / air scoops look great. What brand are those, and where did you get them?

But without the protruding "scoop" part, do you think they funnel enough air to the engine? Have you noticed your engine running hotter, or your fan running longer?
    I got them many years ago from Trojan in UK. It was such a long time ago that I don’t recall the name. It was from a German company that specialized in Buell fiberglass parts. I had the same ones on a previous XB and never had any issues. It’s probably not as good as two large scoops, but better than just the OEM one.

That Torque hammer exhaust has got to be the best looking one out there

Very nice! I love the look of those scoops You have a very clean style to that bike.

Quote Originally Posted by RidetheLightning View Post
    That Torque hammer exhaust has got to be the best looking one out there
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Very nice! I love the look of those scoops You have a very clean style to that bike.
    Agreed! Only other exhaust I ever liked was the Remus which was very similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Thanks! I like to keep it simple. My OCD begs symmetry so I looked for something that went well with the natural curves of the bike.

87F06379-8160-4622-8BDC-0C9467A22BD1.jpg

Added some Tech Spec Snake Skin Gripster tank and frame grip tape. They look and feel better than I expected. Brakes up the large flat surfaces of the bike. Love the look.

B73E86D8-C465-4DE5-84B5-E1716F641D6D.jpg

Installed the Lighting LED headlights. Damn these are bright. I have to say that the finish of the 3D printed frame is very well done. I do a lot of 3D printing and could never get it to look this good. Can’t wait for the night to align them and see how much better they are.

Unless you ride with your knees sticking out at 9 & 3 those Tech Spec pieces will wear a hole in your pants.

5357FCE5-A316-41E8-AF80-4B8A18CEFAB3.jpg
    905D7D5F-FF0F-4050-AE70-B572DD0815A6.jpg
    F0B4C381-7121-4907-93F1-00294286C26C.jpg

More Rona mods! Got a Ilmberger carbon chin fairing/belly pan to cover up the exhaust. I know many like the exposed exhaust look, but I don’t. I left the carbon exposed on the portion that is shiny on the OEM chin fairing, and painted the rest in flat black to simulate factory look. I may add a pinstripe on the edges.

83F0C0BB-E384-4B6D-90B2-4B29F8B005C4.jpg

I also added a GPR steering stabilizer. I had this sitting in a box for like 5 years. Will definitely take it for a ride later today.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast