Thread: 09 xb12ss electrical issue

Threaded View

09 xb12ss electrical issue

Been a long time since I've been on here...and unfortunately a long time since my butt has been on my buell, and now she is paying me back for my poor treatment of her. Really hoping anyone can help but she's doing something I haven't seen mentioned before and I'm not sure where to start...

As much as I hate to admit it, she's been sitting for a little over a year on stands and covered up in the garage. Battery has been dead for pretty much the entire time so yesterday picked up a new battery, topped it off overnight on the tender, and tonight installed it in the bike. As soon as I had the terminals connected the fan came on, and that was it. No position of the key or starter would either give me any lights or have any effect on the fan. Just as soon as the terminals are connected the fan comes on and stays on until the battery is disconnected. It does not appear there is power going anywhere except to the fan...no headlights, taillights, dummy lights...nothing except the fan. Any ideas?

edit - Just pulled all the fuses, ignition fuse is blown. Replaced it and it popped again as soon as I connected the battery and turned the ignition to on. Rest of the fuses looked good.
    Last edited by Miami78; 04-21-2020 at 03:25 AM.