Thread: Dual muffler Torque Hammer exhaust questions?

Question Dual muffler Torque Hammer exhaust questions?

I did a search in forum for Torque Hammer exhaust and only found posts on the larger one piece version. I have the version with the two smaller mufflers and exits. Anyone else run one of these? There were no instructions with the exhaust so I had to improvise along the way. I installed it in a 2009 XB12Ss. Here are my questions:

1. When installing did you discard the front exhaust support bracket? I couldn’t figure out any way to reuse it, so I didn’t.

2. Can you still lift the bike from the exhaust now that the front support bracket is gone?

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by 09XB12Ss View Post
    I did a search in forum for Torque Hammer exhaust and only found posts on the larger one piece version. I have the version with the two smaller mufflers and exits. Anyone else run one of these? There were no instructions with the exhaust so I had to improvise along the way. I installed it in a 2009 XB12Ss. Here are my questions:

1. When installing did you discard the front exhaust support bracket? I couldn’t figure out any way to reuse it, so I didn’t.

2. Can you still lift the bike from the exhaust now that the front support bracket is gone?

Thanks in advance!

Option 1:

1. I did this a long time ago, just take all that support crap off and throw it in the trash. I dont know why its even there!

2. You should be able to as long as the rest of the system can support the weight. The worst that could happen is that you damage the muffler, damage the header, etc. I really don't know as I don't even own this pipe, but I'd just do it and see what happens.

or

Option 2:

https://www.twinmotorcycles.nl/contact_form.asp

IMO: Paddock stands solve all those problems, as well as actually being safe and sturdy

I'd love to hear it when you're done. I always loved dual options on these and this looked badass!