Thread: XB instrument cluster housing swap

XB instrument cluster housing swap

Hello everyone,

Having just survived a crash, hospital stay and the selling of my 04XB12R project, I am back in the seat to turn more wrenches!

Since the cluster housing on the R bike was jacked up since purchase- I swapped my cluster housing out from my 04 XBS - to the R for the sale.

My question: which years and models have the exact same cluster housing? Example- will my 04 XB12s panel fit into an 08 Uly cluster housing?

Stated another way- which year range cluster housings can I use for my 04XB12s?

I ask this as the part # on the back is the same excluding the letter portion. My 04 = AA and an 08 Uly = AK. I have owned both and they look the same.

Thoughts or insights from the brain trust?

Oh ya- I am so happy to still be here to learn from you all! And- i was lucky enough to stumble into the deal of the year- an 04 Lightning with next to 0 miles for 1k! Great story for another time!

Thanks for any help.

Tim

Do you need just the housing? I believe that the parts are all interchangeable '03-'10. Obviously the dash graphics will differ, but swappable as well.

Do you need the electronics? Some Kph/Mph calibration issues there for euro/USA and the mileage is kept on the PCB in a 'count-up' chip (not the ECM), so try to use yours or you'll need a complete assembly with the closest mileage you can find.

I have dashs and parts if you need me to send them to you let me know
    Last edited by Cooter; 04-21-2020 at 09:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tukkayak View Post
    Hello everyone,

Having just survived a crash, hospital stay and the selling of my 04XB12R project, I am back in the seat to turn more wrenches!

Oh geez! I hope you're okay! Sounds like it!

Cooter: Thanks for the parts offer- I am just swapping cluster guts. All I need is a housing. I had just done the volt meter mod for both of my bikes- then ran across the deal of the century and had to sell my JUST FINISHED TRANNY SWAPPED XB12R! Yalls support on that one- helped the job turn out great!

One thought- I might be willing to try an after market gauge install as this is my Hammer Project bike. Do yall have any comments on going that direction? I have read a few threads about people doing that.

I have a stock cluster in my ebay cart ready to punch purchase (100.00) then I thought I should consult you all prior to spending $$$$$.

3419: thanks- Im doing good 2 breaks to clavicle, 2 rib breaks, slight punctured lung and a cracked pelvis. Dude fled the scene! It has been a fun week! Happened Easter Sunday- BUT- came home on Tuesday- bought the new 04 Lightning yesterday so things are looking up.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    I have dashs and parts if you need me to send them to you let me know
    Dude you're an animal. Glad you're ok!

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Dude you're an animal. Glad you're ok!
    He is an animal. I normally expect that kind of stuff out of Silverrider, not mere mortals!

Glad to hear you are healing up and in good spirits!