Thread: Cable straps (tie wraps) for left side scoop

Cable straps (tie wraps) for left side scoop

So I removed my left side scoop to change the spark plugs and I cut the tie wraps to remove them. I did not know they had little nipples on them to attach them to the left side scoop (not mentioned in the service manual).

Is there some generic source for these? If not, does anyone know what the part # is for them? I might try to clip them down to just the female part and thread another tie wrap through so I can remount the scoop.

These are easy to find if you can't find the other ones. Put in a screw or trim clip to mount, we called them christmas trees.

https://www.amazon.com/14-Mounted-He.../dp/B004IUZMFG

Quote Originally Posted by lunaticfringe View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^ don't do that. looks like hell and unnecessary.

they are called push mount wire ties. check your scoop holes but they're eithr 3/16th or 1/4 inch.
    then go here and buy what you need. a few cents each. and buy US quality. not the chinese ebay garbage that takes 2 months delivery time.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/25-Push-Mou...8AAOSw0Lha-USX
    I'm in Canada and was looking for something cheaper. Can you help?

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    I'm in Canada and was looking for something cheaper. Can you help?
    Oh sheet, well done. Thats damn funny son

I had a hell of a time with the 'barbed' style you reference, Cooter. I believe the OEM bits (having never seen them - the previous owner had the cables ziptied to the frame!) are the 'fuzzy' Christmas tree style. I never did find a source online.

I had to trim the 'branches' and do some other mods to get the things to 'bite'.

When i changed plugs i only put the scoop aside so i could get the plug, didnt need to cut anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Pushr0d View Post
    I had a hell of a time with the 'barbed' style you reference, Cooter. I believe the OEM bits (having never seen them - the previous owner had the cables ziptied to the frame!) are the 'fuzzy' Christmas tree style. I never did find a source online.

I had to trim the 'branches' and do some other mods to get the things to 'bite'.
    Lunatic posted this link (before he deleted his post?). It's exactly what you need:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/25-Push-Mou...8AAOSw0Lha-USX