Thread: New member just picked up a 03 XB9s with firebolt front end conversion

New member just picked up a 03 XB9s with firebolt front end conversion

Hey glad to find this forum for other enthusiasts , long time rider that recently have caught interest in these fun Xb bikes . Found a great deal on a xb9s that has the firebolt front end conversion . I got most of the old lighting front end parts and I'am currently debating on re installing them on the bike or doing my own custom setup . Heres a bad picture as its raining today so I couldn't pull it out to snap some better pics. I will eventually have some parts that ill be listing for sale once I decide what direction im definitely goin in . Shout out to all the other mutants . Im currently looking for the oil return lines also if anyone has some leads I found some new HD stock but they seem a little pricey for what they are . Mine have rust and would really like to replace rather then just clean up the best I can. Overall love the bike and can't wait to share on the forum . Happy riding one wheel up social distancing
    Attached Images Attached Images

So it's not leaking, correct ? You want to replace it for aesthetics ? If this it the case, try removing it from the bike and then remove lose rust but just the lose rust. Get some phosphoric acid and apply to the rusted area, keep it wet with more of the acid if necessary for 20-30 minutes, rinse off and dry, it's now primed ( the acid leaves a primed surface ) and ready to be painted with matching silver color paint. You could also apply por15 or chassis saver and then paint over it with the silver matching paint. It's a lot cheaper than buying a new one and done correctly it should last a very long time.

Quote Originally Posted by trexm3 View Post
    I found some new HD stock but they seem a little pricey for what they are .
    This is the norm for motorcycle parts. HD/Buell parts are often less expensive than from other manufacturers. For example, a factory replacement seat for a Buell is about $100-$150. All that will get you from a Honda dealer is a dismissive laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    This is the norm for motorcycle parts. HD/Buell parts are often less expensive than from other manufacturers. For example, a factory replacement seat for a Buell is about $100-$150. All that will get you from a Honda dealer is a dismissive laugh.
    I have lighting front end parts im going to be listing for sale here pretty soon. Ive searched ebay but would like additional info on price points . I have the lighting headlight , mounting bezels that hold the tach and front shield . Also have a front fender and air box cover and some rear buell saddlebags. They are in black . I was going to swap them back on my bike but after dismantling the whole bike realized it was not going to be possible with mine have the firebolt front end on it. Don't want to list them too cheap or too expensive any help would be appreciated I can attach pics if needed. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by njloco View Post
    So it's not leaking, correct ? You want to replace it for aesthetics ? If this it the case, try removing it from the bike and then remove lose rust but just the lose rust. Get some phosphoric acid and apply to the rusted area, keep it wet with more of the acid if necessary for 20-30 minutes, rinse off and dry, it's now primed ( the acid leaves a primed surface ) and ready to be painted with matching silver color paint. You could also apply por15 or chassis saver and then paint over it with the silver matching paint. It's a lot cheaper than buying a new one and done correctly it should last a very long time.

no solid leaks however the connections are very corroded , jumped on ebay and found a used set for 30$ shipped im going to swap on. I will go ahead and paint them as you suggested. It seems the previous owner might of stored the bike under a cover outside or in a shed as some of the bolts on the exhaust and oil lines seem more corrosion then I would expect for a bike with 8k on it. thanks for the info !!

You can probably pull those oil lines off and take them to a shop that builds hydraulic hoses.

ill take some pictures tomorrow in the light. Im probably going to chuck them as I ordered a used set of ebay already for 30$ and the ones I have now are in super bad shape.

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    You can probably pull those oil lines off and take them to a shop that builds hydraulic hoses.

stripped her down today to clean a bunch of parts , heres a progress pic

Attached Images Attached Images