Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any tricks to keep my instrument gauge from fogging up?

Any tricks to keep my instrument gauge from fogging up?

Obviously my stock gauge has lost its seal as it keeps fogging up inside. Anyone deal with this and have a fix? It's irritating to struggle to see my trip meter for fuel metering.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuell View Post
    Obviously my stock gauge has lost its seal as it keeps fogging up inside. Anyone deal with this and have a fix? It's irritating to struggle to see my trip meter for fuel metering.

Thanks.
    Sounds like condensation. You either to completely isolate the two enviroments, or let them equalize. It sounds like air in one condition is getting trapped in the cluster, and is not able to get out. If you vent it, then you will need to worry about moisture getting in when you dont want it to... if you perfectly seal it then you need to perfectly seal it, so-so isnt going to cut it.

That works whether with pretty much any situation dealing with condensation.

Thanks. Know all that. In fact I work in the instrument field and build gauges similar to this. Just wondering if this was an issue on these bikes and if someone had a solid solution.

My CR did that in Florida. Between the ungodly humidity and torrential rain storms, I finally resorted to separating the cluster halves and wedging in ono of those Silica Gel 'do not eat' desiccant packets that you find in the pockets of a new jacket.

I thought I'd have to replace it often but really only ever put that one in and never had an issue with fogging after that

Those things are great for lots of things! I throw them in my saddlebags, and the outside of my Camelbak bladders (not inside, silly), anything that gets moldy like the back of a closet, and they don't taste too bad

Quote Originally Posted by Kuell View Post
    Thanks. Know all that. In fact I work in the instrument field and build gauges similar to this. Just wondering if this was an issue on these bikes and if someone had a solid solution.

Know all that. Got it. Thanks for letting us know.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    My CR did that in Florida. Between the ungodly humidity and torrential rain storms, I finally resorted to separating the cluster halves and wedging in ono of those Silica Gel 'do not eat' desiccant packets that you find in the pockets of a new jacket.\
    I wondered about doing that. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    Know all that. Got it. Thanks for letting us know.
    Sorry, was not trying to be offensive just wondering if this was a wide spread issue with a known solution.

Here’s a tip. Make sure you know your security code before you pull the cluster.

You could be in for a rude surprise when you plug it back in.

Good catch^^^^^ I forgot about that.
    +1 internet point for you. If that's not disabled yet, do it right away.

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    Here’s a tip. Make sure you know your security code before you pull the cluster.

You could be in for a rude surprise when you plug it back in.
    Oh wow... thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast