Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any tricks to keep my instrument gauge from fogging up?

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    Here’s a tip. Make sure you know your security code before you pull the cluster.

You could be in for a rude surprise when you plug it back in.
    More info bout the security code pls? Is there somekind of memory and coding for the specific bike?
    Just bought my first Buell, an 1125 with some restoration needs and I will be removing the instrument gauge in the process. In fact, ive already had it on/off already but dint notice anything strange when putting it back again.

Could anyone explain a bit more about the security code mentioned....?
    Just bought my first Buell, an 1125, with some restoration needs and the instrument gauge needs to be removed in the process. In fact it has already been on/off the bike without me knowing bout any code. Didnt notice anything strange when reinstalling🤔.....maybe there is an internal battery that saved me this time.

I would download a copy of the service manual and look it up. There is pages of material that discusses it.

Buellmods.com

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    I would download a copy of the service manual and look it up. There is pages of material that discusses it.
    Let me ACTUALLY HELP you. This is why the cluster is allowing you to remove/reinstall it without issue.

If you need more help, please feel free to ask on the forum.

ECM 1125.jpg

That isn't his question C_O, but luckily there's a little valid info in your post.

"Stay active if replaced" and "If the ECM security is active" are the key phrases there. Most 1125 owners have long since disabled that function because it was terrible. The security system will not re-enable unless asked to do so.

i.e. Removing or reinstalling the IC won't re-set the security to active.

HdM: Since you have already removed and re-installed the IC without issue, the security system has been dis-abled previously and won't be an issue. Aaron was just warning you of the possibility and to read up on the question you have.

Downloading the FREE service manual with the link provided, and doing a little reading will let you familiarize himself with the motorcycle you plan on restoring and will answer so many more questions than posting each page of a whole section individually.

Good luck, start a thread and post pics of your progress!

That is an excellent point - The security system is more of a liability to the owner rather than a thief, and should be disabled.

sec1.JPGsec2.JPGsec3.JPG

And a complete PITA to deal with as a daily rider.

{Scene opens}

Florida, hot sun, condensation in IC, riders idling, waiting,

and waiting,

"No ones gonna steal that ugly thing, dude"

Ya, I know (blinks back tears of shame)

"We'll just head out and meet you, uh, later Cooter. Uh ya, I meant Aaron! Yes! Thats right, Aaron!"

Sure guys, you go ahead. It's ok to leave me all alone

"That things gonna make it, right?"

(sigh)
    Fade to black.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12