Thread: Foam piece behind windscreen

Foam piece behind windscreen

Hello everyone.
    My original blue hero windscreen is in very bad shape. I would like to keep it like this but also buy a new windscreen. I was thinking of an aftermarket carbon one as the guenuine Buell one are really expensive. But the carbon windscreen will come without the black piece of foam behind it. I was wondering if it was necessary or not to have it. Thanks !
    That stuff :
    Last edited by Niklos; 04-24-2020 at 06:54 AM.

You can go to a hardware store and buy a similar piece of weatherstripping

Thanks. I will try that. I also found some on aliexpress for really cheap : https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/32850...Dy6iaPV23HEx-U
    Where should I put it ? I think it was placed on the middle of the windscreen just like on that picture :

I was thinking to put it at the top of the windscreen so the water would not come in from the top. I don't really understand what it is for.

Inactive
    ALL XB models that left the factory with transluscent bodywork and ALL replacement factory transluscent windscreens have TWO STRIPS as part of the windscreen package.

STRIP #1-thin black piece of tape resembling common electrical tape. is installed transversely with bottom of same even with top mounting pre-drilled attachment holes. IT IS A HEADLIGHT REFLECTION DIFFUSER
    STRIP #2-piece of foam. is installed transversely just above #1. it helps block air seeping up between windscreen and gauge cluster and provides a bit of relief from helmet buffeting.

installing these 2 bits anywhere else but where the factory intended defeats their intended purpose.

INCLUDED WITH EVERY OEM TRANSLUSCENT WINDSCREEN. TRANSLUSCENT BEING KICK-ASH...ORANGE KRATE...HERO BLUE....CHERRY BOMB.
    strips.jpg

TOP ARROW FOAM STRIP
    BOTTOM ARROW BLACK TAPE

hero screen.jpg
    Last edited by user_deleted; 04-24-2020 at 03:19 PM.

2 strips! Who knew?

John knows all things Buell .

He is the Buell whisperer. The parts speak to him. When he closed his eyes and touched the bike with the tip of his fingers, he heard:

"You need a thin strip of black tape"

"Check the ground!"

"Don't tighten me to factory spec" (oil drain plug)

"All I want for Christmas is a Deka battery"