Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What have I done...

b23.jpg

b24.jpg

That it. Sheīs not finished yet, needs small tweaks here and there. But what we have here currently is,

Buell XB 12R -2004
    Jardine Exhaust
    Tuned ECU
    K&N Filters
    Stock chassis and frame, just minor modifications made (to make sure that everything can be returned to original state)

LSL upper tree and footpegs.
    Pulley cover from RR customizing
    Low profile handlebar
    Front brake master cylinder and cluth lever frame from Yamaha R1 (because R1 uses Brembo radial cylinder, the feel of the brake is just sweet...)

All lights are LEDīs. Locally found. So as other smaller parts...

Hand made: Airbox and scoops, frame "covers", seat and subframe, cooling air scoops on both side, front fender, headlight cover... and lotīs of other stuff. All out of aluminum. And everything is riveted together.

All the electrics are made around Motogadget products. Speedometer, handlebar controls, M-lock, M-unit blue. LiFePo battery is hidden inside RAM air passage, inside the left side of the frame. Works well. Engine wiring was rebuilt, and currently controlled with Buelltooth. So actually everything in this bike can be controlled with a phone.

Itīs handmade and looks like it. I think it is first bike that will be "waxed" with scotch brite...

How is it on the road?

Riding position, chassis and all possible controls were left as close as possible to original. But with that seat and all unnecessary removed from the bike,

Iīm scared ****less and smiling at the same time... Itīs fun. You people know it. Motorcycle is made to create big feelings. This one does.

Over and out.

Since you said it could be returned to its original state... are the "holes" in the frame just graphics?

Looks really good, nonetheless.

Do you have a closeup of gauges area. The more I look, the more I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    Since you said it could be returned to its original state... are the "holes" in the frame just graphics?
    Quote Originally Posted by AluB View Post
    Attachment 13297
    Frame got new paint, polishing and aluminum side covers.

YOU ARE WRONG!!!!

Sorry AluB, this is going to be a forum joke for awhile....
    Last edited by Cooter; 04-25-2020 at 01:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    YOU ARE WRONG!!!!

Sorry AluB, this is going to be a forum joke for awhile....
    Holy hell thats funny!

Quote Originally Posted by mike lowary View Post
    Holy hell thats funny!

ITS NOT FUNNY WHEN THE JOKE IS ON ME!!!!!!!!!

(ok maybe it is).

AluB - I missed that about the aluminum side panels. Holy carp thats nice!!!!

That bike looks amazing! I love the riveted look, it really does make it look like one of your warbirds.
    I think some people have painted / modified their mufflers to look like a belly bomb or drop tank. Probably too cheesey for your refined tastes
    You've got remarkable skills in fabricating parts.

Our bikes look great with lots of shiney bits...

PS Your English is more than fine. Actually embarrassing that you write better than most us Americans

Looks good. Definitely better than what you started with.

As a metal guy I really appreciate the effort that went into this. I have a build in my head that includes lots and lots of raw aluminum. Good job man. Looks great.

It's very different and, not that it matters but I can't tell if I like it or not, it reminds me of the Tin man, " a metal guy ".

Thank you guys, Iīm glad that it makes smiles on peoples faces.

About the questions,

b28.jpg
    Yes 34, YOU WERE WRONG! Itīs just "make-up" panel. The holes actually work as a flange to make the panel more rigid. Aircraft wings are built like that and the Buellīs frame sideview looks like a wing rib to me...

b25.jpg
    b26.jpg
    Closeup of the instrument panel. Motogadget Speedster, attached to upper yoke with simple bracket. Two added side LEDīs are LFW and Oil press (marked currently with F and O just as a reminder). Speedster has built in lights for ENG light, HI-beam, neutral and turn signals, as well as clock, odo, trip and voltage info. Lot of stuff in small package.

b29.jpg
    One of the "what if..." ideas. Lithium battery found itīs nest inside the frame. I just made tight-fit package with fire proof materials (just to give me a minute of reaction time in case of electric fire...) except the removable cover. Yes, only lunatic installs "possible fire if overheated" -battery inside a fuel tank, witch will be heated by engine. But the same lunatic climbs daily inside a machine, that goes hovering thousand feet high while the machine tries itīs best to shake all itīs parts away. Compering these two, iīm willing to take the risk of battery fire and exploding frame. If it happens, at least iīm on ground level...

b30.jpg
    Overall on main electrics. Needs to be cleaned and organized, it will happen after Iīm sure that everything works. Also somekind of intake baffle will be made to keep electrics clean and dry. But you get the idea. The m-unit is a "must have" if you want to make simple system with smallest amount of wires possible. That small "snake nest" is actually 80% of all the wires on the bike. Everything is covered with green kevlar shield, leftovers from work...

And about the muffler as a belly tank... That actually was one option. What do you people think? Should i build a belly pan, modify the muffler to look like belly tank from aircraft or keep it like that and shave the unnecessary brackets off? Opinions?

Last edited by AluB; 04-26-2020 at 07:12 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast