Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: XB voltmeter with a twist!

Is like this one?

https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/32975...archweb201603_

And then open up the housing?

"Page not found" but you can see any of the other links in this thread and compare. You shouldn't need to remove any housing.

Maybe because I'm from the Netherlands?
    Because when I open the links earlier in this thread, I can't see anything.

But this is a screenshot from the item I have sent:
    Naamloos.jpg

I already have the voltage showing in my dash, but I especially like the temp-sensor in your modification. Could you send me a picture/screenshot of the item you bought?
    Thank you!

P.s. I don't know how to add a larger picture, but if you click it, it opens.
    Last edited by RISL; 02-11-2021 at 07:44 AM. Reason: p.s.

That display only shows the voltage in US measurements, not metric. Sorry.

I think you mean temperature? Voltage is metric and imperial the same.
    But thanks, I missed the F in 'Thermometer F'

I'll keep looking for this. I love my voltage display, but temperature would be great too. And in 1 display would be the easiest.

Here is my volt meter with a twist. Not as cool as the dash meter, and I can't watch it while riding, but keeps me pretty well informed about my battery health.
    http://youtu.be/XthmS5ewgpY

Quote Originally Posted by TheWood View Post
    Here is my volt meter with a twist. Not as cool as the dash meter, and I can't watch it while riding, but keeps me pretty well informed about my battery health.
    http://youtu.be/XthmS5ewgpY
    I think part of the point behind the voltmeter was so you can keep an eye on it when riding. That way in case you do have an electrical failure, you can see the voltage dropping and take appropriate action before the bike dies on the road.

Correct me if I'm wrong as I've never had a Ulysses... but dont they have a cigarette lighter style power port on the dash/front modules? Wouldnt a voltmeter that plugs into that have been a better choice? My $0.02

Quote Originally Posted by RISL View Post
    I think you mean temperature? Voltage is metric and imperial the same.
    Are you sure?

Yes, my Uly has that port. I thought about using that, but I only saw big clunky looking ones when looking online. If I could find a small diameter cig. lighter type that could swivel upwards to see it better, I'd maybe opt for that.Thanks for the response.
    Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    I think part of the point behind the voltmeter was so you can keep an eye on it when riding. That way in case you do have an electrical failure, you can see the voltage dropping and take appropriate action before the bike dies on the road.

Correct me if I'm wrong as I've never had a Ulysses... but dont they have a cigarette lighter style power port on the dash/front modules? Wouldnt a voltmeter that plugs into that have been a better choice? My $0.02

Quote Originally Posted by TheWood View Post
    Yes, my Uly has that port. I thought about using that, but I only saw big clunky looking ones when looking online. If I could find a small diameter cig. lighter type that could swivel upwards to see it better, I'd maybe opt for that.Thanks for the response.
    Is the power port facing off to the side or something? I've never had a Ulysses and I cant seem to find a pic of it on the bike online, so I'm not sure. #mynextbuell

In your case, I would probably find a temp/voltage gauge and mount it with double sided tape to the handlebar clamp. That way, I could monitor voltage while riding, and push button to quickly check engine temp if needed. Thats just my opinion of how I would imagine it to be best.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast