Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 100 ft lbs to the tire. Under 1200cc’s

100 ft lbs to the tire. Under 1200cc’s

I have the potential of hitting this mark. I’m having trouble finding other people who have. Anybody here done this?

You should check out the Hammer site, as he has a section where he posts dyno results.

That’s a pretty lofty goal with that displacement and being NA. I’m not saying you can’t but you’d probably need a 90” motor to make it happen.

And say it with me everyone:

Cooter is wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    You should check out the Hammer site, as he has a section where he posts dyno results.

That’s a pretty lofty goal with that displacement and being NA. I’m not saying you can’t but you’d probably need a 90” motor to make it happen.
    I’ve looked at the hammer site. And other places. It seems that not too many people have done the short stroke big bore motor. Haven’t seen a dyno chart. I saw a post of a race bike for sale with the same motor. Guy said it made 110hp 98tq. No dyno chart.

This is an 88” big bore kit. Since I’m using a 9 crank it drops the cubes to a little over 71”. The piston diameter is there. The rpms are there. On paper it’s interesting to look at. Seems most people are smart enough to not go down this road.

Yeah, but you’ll probably make more power overall.

Torque ratings usually max out in the middle of the power band, so revving very high probably isn’t going to help that.

Yeah, your going down a different path than most harley people, but that’s what will make this much more fun and entertaining.

I think this motor is going to be badass. It may not be the typical Harley stump puller motor, but I think it will be special in other ways. I wouldn’t hesitate to go down the path you are one. The 88” jugs and destroked motor with an uber balanced and strong crank should be a lot of fun. Hopefully you are doing some headwork to compliment this.

Stage 2 heads, xb12 header, 12 throttle body, cat 3 cams. Using the same stuff I had on the 1050 kit but now it’s gonna be 1170.

I have a new set of 60lb injectors on the shelf too in case I need them. Doubt I will

Thats still a lot displacement, and at higher rpms, you may need those injectors.

I'm not saying your motor isnt going to be a beast, its just that 100ft lbs may be a little lofty at that displacement.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast